Faculty Performance Appraisals
Engagement. Reflection. Innovation.
OCCC's performance appraisal system promotes the support and development of our employees. It provides space for supervisors and faculty to dialogue about performance and goals. This process is about growth, reflection, innovation, and finding ways to celebrate accomplishments and support development.
A high-level overview of the FY22 performance appraisal process for full-time faculty and faculty chairs is detailed below:
Where are we in the Process?
Planning Conference: a meeting with a supervisor & faculty to discuss competencies, goals, and other performance measures by Friday, November 12th.
To achieve this:
- Faculty & Faculty Chairs should be writing SMART goals to bring to the planning conference with their supervisor
- Supervisors: access the Planning Conference form in OnBase to submit the initial plan.
- Faculty & Chair Performance Appraisal Overview PPT
- One Page FY22 Faculty Performance Appraisal Overview Timeline
- How to Auto-file Emails - PPT(a PPT that takes you step-by-step in autofiling emails from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- One Page document on How to Auto-File Emails in Performance Appraisals
For Supervisors (Deans/Faculty Chairs):
- Demonstration Videos:
- Classroom Observation:
For those being evaluated with this form (Faculty & Faculty Chairs):
- Faculty SMART Goals PPT (a presentation that walks you through how to write SMART goals)
- Faculty SMART Goals handout Fillable PDF (a handout that can help guide you through writing SMART goals)
- Faculty Performance Appraisals Evaluation Considerations: Competencies and Holistic Evaluation (a handout that walks through evaluation factors)
- Prep for the Planning Conference Handout (a fillable PDF that can help you prepare for the planning conference)
- Contact HRtraining@occc.edu