OPPORTUNITY STARTS HERE
Every student who comes to OCCC deserves a first-class education and collegiate experience, regardless of where they came from, how they got here or what they have endured. The Foundation for Oklahoma City Community College exists to facilitate the philanthropic interests of those who seek to provide the fuel to help our students’ dreams become reality.
The Foundation for Oklahoma City Community College works to benefit, support and enhance the programs of the college and to have a transformative impact on the lives of our students and community.
The Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization formed in 1998 by a group of community and business leaders who wanted to encourage private support for Oklahoma City Community College. It is governed by a Board of Trustees who are community volunteers and is independently audited each year.
About the College
How You Can Help
Need- and merit-based scholarships help reduce the financial burdens of college and validate students’ achievements. You can contribute to an existing scholarship or you can establish your own scholarship and help establish the criteria for how recipients are selected.
At times, students have unanticipated financial emergencies or extraordinary circumstances. You can support our Emergency Grant program, the Food Pantry, the Greatest Needs Fund or other programs that help keep students in school.
You might be interested in supporting specific programs, like our Visual and Performing Arts Center, or certain groups of students, like single parents or first-generation college students.
Ways to Give
AT OCCC, EVERY GIFT MATTERS – LARGE OR SMALL
There are a variety of ways you can help, and our professional and experienced staff stands ready to ensure your contribution is used exactly as you envision
MAKE AN ANNUAL GIFT WITH CASH OR STOCKS
ESTABLISH AN ENDOWMENT FUND, WHICH PROVIDES SUPPORT IN PERPETUITY
INCLUDE THE FOUNDATION IN YOUR ESTATE PLAN FOR A LEGACY GIFT
HONOR OR MEMORIALIZE A LOVED ONE WITH YOUR GIFT
Make an Annual Gift with Cash or Stocks
Making a gift to the Foundation for OCCC is easy, with a variety of options, including:
- Check – Payable to the Foundation for OCCC and mailed to Foundation for OCCC, 7777 S. May Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73159
- Online With a Credit Card – The GIVE NOW link takes you to our secure online giving portal. You may make a one-time gift or establish a recurring gift
- Wire or Stock Transfer – Contact the Foundation office at 405.682.7591 for specific information to process your gift
Establish an Endowed Fund
An endowed fund creates a permanent fund from which only a portion of the earnings from its investment is spent
- An endowment can be established with as little as $10,000
- Foundation investments are professionally managed and supervised by a group of community leaders to ensure safe, yet productive earnings. The current spending policy allows for 5% of the principal’s value over the previous 12 quarters to be used annually for the purpose of the fund. The principal is never used.
- Donors may name the fund and establish the criteria for how the fund will be used. The Foundation will prepare a legal document to ensure that the fund is only used as intended by the donor.
- Call the Foundation office at 405.682.7591 to visit with an experienced gift officer to discuss your interests
Include the FOundation in Your Estate Plan
Including the Foundation in your estate planning is a smart way of making your legacy giving possible. Our experienced gift officers can work with you and your financial or legal advisers to find the best way to achieve your philanthropic goals, often providing tax benefits for you or your heirs. Estate planning ensures that your values are honored with your plan, and not someone else’s or the government’s plan for your assets. The Foundation for OCCC does not provide legal or tax advice.
As you consider setting up your estate plan, it can be beneficial to consult with the Foundation so we can help prepare you for the more costly consultations with your legal or financial advisers. For example, instead of articulating in your Will or Trust specifically how a gift to the Foundation might be used, your Will or Trust can reference that you and the Foundation have a separate legal agreement (that we will prepare for your review at no cost) that stipulates your intentions . This way, if over time, you decide to alter your gift plans for the Foundation, that agreement can be amended at no cost to you without the need to change your Will or Trust.
Sample Language for a Remainder (or Residual) Gift
“I give to Oklahoma City Community College Foundation, an Oklahoma nonprofit corporation located in Oklahoma City, OK (EIN 73-1529564), or its successor organization, (all or ____%) of the residue or remainder of the property owned by me at death, real and personal and wherever situated, for support of its academic mission.”
Sample Language for a Contingent Gift – It is possible that the primary beneficiary or beneficiaries of your estate may pass before you do. In that case, a contingent gift naming Oklahoma City Community College Foundation as an alternative beneficiary can provide a meaningful option.
“In the event (insert the primary beneficiary/beneficiaries) does/do not survive me, I give said amount to Oklahoma City Community College Foundation, an Oklahoma nonprofit corporation located in Oklahoma City, OK (EIN 73-1529564), or its successor organization, for support of its academic mission.”
Restrictions for Your Gift – You may add the following to any of the bequests to direct the gift is used according to your wishes. We will work with you to create a legal document stipulating your intentions on how the gift is to be used according to your restrictions.
- Unrestricted – “This gift is unrestricted and may be used for the highest priority need(s).”
- Restricted – “This gift is to be used for the purposes set forth in a separate written agreement between me and the Oklahoma City Community College Foundation, as may be amended from time to time. If there is no such agreement, the gift is unrestricted.”
PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR LEGAL OR FINANCIAL ADVISERS
THE FOUNDATION FOR OCCC DOES NOT OFFER LEGAL ADVICE
HONOR OR MEMORIALIZE A LOVED ONE
A gift to the Foundation that provides opportunities for students is a meaningful way of honoring people who are or have been important to you. Regardless of how you make your gift, please let us know who you are honoring.
- An endowed fund, established with as little as $10,000. allows you to name a fund and establish the criteria for its use in perpetuity.
- Gifts such as these can not only honor the person, but the person’s profession or other passion. For example, if your grandmother was a nurse, in addition to naming a scholarship for her, it can be designated by you to be awarded to a deserving nursing student.
INTEGRIS Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation and INTEGRIS Home Care
Dr. Mari Fagin
Marital & Family Therapist, Retired
Systems Sales & Engineering
Director of Community Relations and Business Development
Delaware Resource Group
Michael "Mick" Brannan
OKC Operations Boeing
Oklahoma Real Estate Commission
Partner for Corporate Giving
One Gas Foundation
Crowe & Dunlevy
Director of Organizational Management and Strategic Communications
Express Employment International
Derryberry & Naifeh
Have a question about how funds are spent?
View Our 990 Forms