Why start a career at Oklahoma City Community College?
Why make a career at Oklahoma City Community College?
Welcome to Oklahoma City Community College! Every person who works at OCCC plays a role in fulfilling our mission and helping to contribute to the educational success of our students. From adjunct faculty positions to work-study opportunities, we offer an exciting place to start or continue a career in higher education. We provide meaningful employment opportunities that support professional growth and skill enhancement.
At OCCC, we celebrate the diversity of both our community and our campus. Our goal is to be inclusive, responsive, and supportive to every student, faculty, and staff member. Employees who embody the diversity of our student body are vital contributors to our success.
The OCCC Human Resources department is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in all positions.
Click on the buttons below to view open positions by category or visit www.occcjobs.com to view all open jobs. In addition, OCCC is often looking for temporary or seasonal employees; click here to view temporary employment.
OCCC is committed to providing its students and employees with a safe and healthy environment. Because of this commitment, smoking and the use of any tobacco products are prohibited on college property.
OCCC offers employees one of the best benefits packages in the metro. Employees enjoy:
- 17 paid holidays and a yearly accrual of 12 days sick leave, 12 days vacation, and 4 days of personal leave
- 100% OCCC paid health insurance with participation in the wellness program
- 100% OCCC paid dental plan
- Participation in Teachers' Retirement System of Oklahoma--fully paid by OCCC
- 403(b) annuity program with a 3% OCCC match on a 1.5% employee contribution
- OCCC paid long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&PL/AD&D insurance
- On-campus tuition waiver and off-campus tuition reimbursement
For more information about OCCC employee benefits, visit https://www.occc.edu/hr/benefits/.
College employees also receive free on-campus parking and free use of the college gym and weight room.
About Oklahoma City Community College
Serving around 17,000 students each year, OCCC is the fourth largest college in Oklahoma, the second largest community college in the state and the largest in the OKC metro. We offer a full range of associate degree programs that prepare students to transfer to four-year universities or enter the workforce. OCCC has 3,600 college classes, and our faculty-to-student ratio is 1 to 23. In addition to our vast selection of courses and small class sizes, we offer affordable tuition and financial aid options.
About Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City is a vibrant, diverse city that offers residents a host of benefits:
- Low Cost of Living: Oklahoma's cost of living is 24 percent lower than the national average! The average price of a home in Oklahoma is $123,000, and the national average price is $226,000. The cost of rent is half of the United States' $1,400 average.
- Easy Commute: Oklahoma City, OK, has an average commute time of fewer than 22 minutes. Will Rogers World Airport is the key aviation hub for traveling by air, houses 7 different air carriers, and has 21 nonstop flight destinations.
- Variety of School District Options: Oklahoma City has a variety of school options, including public, private, magnet, and charter schools. Oklahoma City Public Schools is the largest school district in the state with a population of over 45,000 students, and an average student-to-teacher ratio of 19:1. More than 50 schools in the region have been recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools, a program that recognizes schools that exemplify academic excellence and a safe, welcoming learning environment.
- Arts & Culture: Outside of the dozens of art galleries and concert venues, OKC is home to popular festivals, including The Festival of the Arts, DeadCENTER Film Festival, and Paseo Arts Festival. The Bricktown Entertainment District has plenty of restaurants, family-friendly entertainment, and a thriving nightlife. The Oklahoma City Museum of Art is a popular attraction with over 130,000 visitors each year.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder: The OKC Thunder NBA team has been to the Western Conference Final four times since 2011, and was in the NBA Finals in 2012.
- The Oklahoma City Zoo: The Oklahoma City Zoo is ranked one of the top 10 zoos in the United States, and is Oklahoma City’s #1 attraction. It is home to more than 1,100 animals, including 128 endangered species.
Below are some external links that provide more information about the OKC metro:
- Greater Oklahoma City At A Glance
- Greater Oklahoma City School Districts
- Cost of Living Index Calculator