Who is eligible?
All regular full-time employees are eligible to participate in the OCCC Tuition Reimbursement Program.
What does the reimbursement cover?
The Tuition Reimbursement Program covers up to twelve (12) hours per calendar year of tuition costs for approved courses and/or degree programs. (Fees, books and other materials are not covered by the TRP.)
How do you participate in the Tuition Reimbursement Program?
An Education and Degree Program Authorization form must be approved prior to the date the first course begins. The form can be located at the employee portal under “HR Forms” and “Employee Benefits”.
The authorization form will open in a fillable PDF document.
- You will only be able to type into the open fields of the document.
- It is your responsibility to attach a degree program (or course) description and have the approval form signed by the necessary approving authorities.
- Once you have completed the form and had it signed by your immediate supervisor, Dean (if applicable), and President’s Cabinet Member, please send it to the Director of Benefits in Human Resources via campus mail.
Once your program is approved, you will receive an authorization number and will be eligible to request for tuition reimbursements.
How do you receive tuition reimbursement?
- Request form: Complete a Tuition Reimbursement Request form This form can be located at the Employee Portal under “HR Forms” and “Employee Benefits”.
- Verification of your grade(s): Attach this verification, which must list institution name, your name, semester, course name, and final grade. Note: In order to be reimbursed, undergraduate work requires a grade of C or better. Graduate work requires a grade of B or better.
- Verification of statement of account: Attach a copy of your statement of account or account summary identified by semester. The document must have your name and a breakdown of tuition and fees including verification that your balance has been paid in full.
- Applies to regular full-time employees
- Reimbursement for tuition only
- 12 credit hours per calendar year
- Approved program prior to beginning classes