We're not just here to protect this community, we're here to serve it, too.
Our mission is to provide service to our community by protecting life and property while maintaining a safe and positive learning environment with integrity, honor, valor, and professionalism.
What's the difference between "campus security" and a campus police department?
• If disaster strikes, campus security calls the local police department to come help. We are that local police department for OCCC.
• We insist on more comprehensive training, equipment, resources and capabilities than college or university security teams.
• We have more rigorous accountability, reporting and processing
We’re one of only three campus or university police departments to be fully accredited or certified by:
• The Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET)
• The Oklahoma Municipal Assurance Group (OMAG)
• The Oklahoma Municipal League (OML)
• The City Managers Association of OK (CMAO)
• We are the only Oklahoma campus or university police department – and one of only two community colleges in the U.S. – to be fully accredited through the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).