Staff Performance Appraisals
Collaborative Continuous Improvement
OCCC's performance appraisal system promotes the support and development of our employees. It provides space for supervisors and employees to dialogue about performance and goals. This process is about growth, reflection, and finding ways to celebrate accomplishments and support development.
The performance appraisal process follows the fiscal year. Below is a high-level overview of the process:
- Between July and mid-August: an initial meeting between supervisor and employee should occur to discuss core competencies and write up to 5 SMART goals. This is submitted to Human Resources through OnBase (the link to which is below).
- Before Winter Break: a mid-year check-in between supervisor and employee will occur. They will review the core competencies and revise the SMART goals if needed. This will be submitted to HR through OnBase.
- In late April: an employee will complete a fillable PDF goal assessment and reflection, which will be submitted to their supervisor via email.
- Between May 1 and June 1: an employee and supervisor will meet a final time to discuss overall evaluations in core competencies and goal achievement. A supervisor will have attached the employee goal assessment to their overall evaluation and submitted it through OnBase to HR.
We are currently in the: Initial Performance Meeting phase
- Supervisors: Access the Performance Appraisal - Plan form to review core competencies and write SMART goals with your employee.
Tips to prep for the initial performance meeting:
•Review the Resources below
•Ensure the employee has their ID#
•Ask your employee to write at least one goal prior to your first meeting
Submission Deadline: the deadline to submit the initial plan has been extended to Friday, September 17th 2021
- Performance Appraisal Overview PPT
- Non-Faculty Performance Appraisal Overview Handout
- SMART Goals PPT
- Core Competencies Non-Faculty handout
Helpful for Supervisors:
- Mechanics Behind the Initial Plan
- VIDEO: How to Submit the Initial Plan in OnBase
- FAQ - Non-Faculty Performance Appraisals
Helpful for Employees being Evaluated:
Questions? Please reach out to:
- HRtraining@occc.edu with questions about completing Performance Appraisals.
- If you need immediate assistance, please contact Audrey Fisher, Employee Development & Training Coordinator, ext. 7541.