Oklahoma City Community College is pleased to provide you with benefit offerings to help you take care of your wellbeing now and into the future. We want each and every participant to stay healthly, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance by offering the highest quality health coverage at the most affordable price possible. By working together, we can support each other in small ways that carry a big impact. Your health care choices not only influence your own health and pocketbook, but also the health and future of our plan. When we are good stewards of our health and use our benefits wisely, we help to ensure that we can continue offering high quality benefits in future years.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement
- Health Savings Account
Who is Eligible and When?
If you are a regular, full time employee, you and your eligible dependents are eligible to enroll. New hires will become eligible for benefits on their date of hire.
If you do not enroll within 30 days of your date of hire, you will not be eligible to enroll for coverage until the next Annual Open Enrollment.
In most cases, you may also cover your eligible dependents, including:
- Your legal spouse
- Eligible dependents under the age 26:
- Physically or mentally disabled children of any age who are incapable of self-support. Proof of disability may be requested and disability has to have occurred prior to age 19. Oklahoma City Community College must be notified if a dependent is totally and permanently disabled and continuing coverage.
- Children are defined as: 1.) your natural children; 2.) stepchildren; 3.) legally adopted children; 4.) children under your legal guardianship (documentation required).
- A child’s coverage will terminate at midnight on the last day of the month in which they turn 26.
- If your child is no longer eligible, you must notify the Oklahoma City Community College Benefits Department.
- A child who has been legally placed with you by an authorized placement agency or by judgment, decree or other order of any court of competent jurisdiction, including a foster child. If you do not enroll within 30 days of your date of hire, you will not be eligible to enroll for coverage until the next Annual Open Enrollment.
CHANGE IN FAMILY STATUS
To add a new spouse and/or dependent to your benefit coverage outside of the Annual Open Enrollment Period, you must notify the Benefits Department, by completing and returning a Benefits Election/Change Form within 31 days of the event. A change in family status includes:
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth*, adoption (or placement for adoption)
- Death of a spouse and/or dependent
- Your change in employment, from eligible to ineligible status or vice-versa
- Your spouse’s loss/gain of coverage due to a change in their employment status or employer’s open enrollment
- Your dependent’s loss of eligibility because he/she has reached age 26
- Any other change that is permissible under IRS regulations and rulings as determined by Oklahoma City Community College
*Newborns are NOT added automatically to your medical coverage. You must notify the Benefits Department and provide proof of dependency within 31 days of date of birth.