Bethel Foundation USA
13003 N. Western, OKC, OK 73114
For single moms who desire faith based support.
- Obtain temporary housing to create a better home for your children. Complete classes to earn your GED. Prepare paperwork to get you accepted into college or vocational schools. Apply for financial aid, scholarships and grants to pay for your higher education expenses
- Rental/Housing or Utility Assistance
- Look for employment and provide career advancement training
- Kids Rock Camp - June 21-25 and July 26-30, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Free ABR (Advanced Basic Education) and GED (General Education Degree) are available. Please call 405-231-2053
Central Oklahoma Habitat for Humanity
5005 S. I-35 Service Rd., OKC, OK 73129
Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Faith-based housing ministry, no interest on loans. Home ownership programs for hard-working, low income families who are willing to provide sweat equity in their new home.
Family Self-Sufficiency Program - Oklahoma City Housing Authority
1700 N.E. 4th St., OKC, OK 73117
Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The FSS program is for those who are unemployed or already employed but want to increase their income and who are willing to commit to changing their lives. Each FSS participant creates a five-year plan that includes employment goals and identifies training or educational needs. FSS staff will work with the household to identify, locate, and arrange for the services they need to accomplish these goals. Services might include child care, education, transportation, personal development, resumes, job training and placement. As FSS participants succeed in raising their family income, the portion of their monthly income contributed toward their Section 8 rent payment also increases. HUD regulations allow a percentage of this rent increase to be deposited into an interest bearing escrow account for the family. If the family meets its goals within five years and "graduates" from welfare assistance for a period of twelve consecutive months, they will receive the funds in this account. This is a great incentive for those new in the work force and for those ready to reach goals set early in life. Many participants use this escrow as a down payment in purchasing a home or to start their own business. Must be on Section 8 Program of the Oklahoma City Housing Authority
Housing Counseling Referral Hotline
1-800-569-4287 (24-hour referral line)
Guidance on working with mortgage companies to assist with first time home buyers, homeowner retention, and educational services.
Housing and Urban Development
301 N.W. 6th St., Ste. 200, OKC, OK 73102
Call for hours.
Work with mortgage companies to assist with home owners retention. Eligibility: dependent on program.
Neighborhood Services Organization
431 S.W. 11th St., OKC, OK 73109
Call for hours.
- Permanent housing programs for single adults who have a mental illness
- Transitional housing programs for single males between 18 – 23 years (many have aged out of foster care), homeless families with multiple children, and homeless, pregnant young women between 18 – 23 years, or women caring for a child under the age of five
- Rental assistance (when funds are available)
- Dental clinic offering basic general dentistry, x-rays, dentures & partials (lab in-house), for those 8yrs. and older, emergency appointments, fees typically range from $20 - $400, call for fees, payment required at time of service, cash only, no income or insurance required
- They also offer a variety of services, individualized case management, and life skills classes for clients
Oklahoma City Housing Authority
1700 N.E. 4th, OKC, OK 73117
Call for hours.
Section 8 housing choice voucher program is a free-choice approach to assisted housing for low-income families/individuals. Contact the housing authority for qualification guidelines, and to make application for acceptance.
Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency
100 N.W. 63rd St., Ste. 200, OKC, OK 73116
Mailing address: P.O. Box 26720, OKC, OK 73126-0720
Call for hours.
The mission of Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency is to help place people in homes. OHFA makes a difference in the lives of Oklahomans by fulfilling their housing needs and dreams. OHFA offers nine housing programs ranging from a homeless program and rental assistance to housing development and home ownership. Low and moderate-income individuals and families. Does not offer emergency assistance of any kind.
The City of Oklahoma City Housing Programs Division
420 W. Main, Ste. 1040, OKC, OK 73102
The City of Oklahoma City, through federal funding, offers the Home Ownership Opportunity Program (HOP) to help people purchase homes. They provide services to help people purchase and repair homes through loan programs for repairing homes, and assist homeowners with interior and exterior repairs. They also offer grants for fixing exterior code violations, if qualified.
For additional assistance, email email@example.com.