Education and Employment
Bethel Foundation USA
13003 N. Western, OKC, OK 73114
For single moms who desire faith based support.
- Obtain temporary housing to create a better home for your children. Complete classes to earn your GED. Prepare paperwork to get you accepted into college or vocational schools. Apply for financial aid, scholarships and grants to pay for your higher education expenses
- Look for employment and provide career advancement training
- Kids Rock Camp - June 21-25 and July 26-30, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Free ABE (Advanced Basic Education) and GED (General Education Degree) are available. Please call 405-231-2053
US Department of Education assistance for single parents.
Dress for Success
Referral required. Women who are referred, are given professional attire and coaching regarding resume and interview skills. Must schedule an interview to qualify for services.
Emerson Alternative Education Center
715 N. Walker, OKC, OK 73102
Outreach programs for pregnant and female parenting students grades 6-12, credit recovery for suspended students, students with special adjustment needs, students with chronic attendance problems, students who are medically unable to attend school, students in special facilities for psychological maladjustment or chemical dependency, grades 9–12.
OCCC Community Outreach and Education
Assistance with preparation for the Citizenship test.
Our Sister's Closet
2209 S.W. 74th Str., Oklahoma City, OK 73159
Provides quality resale clothing for babies to adults and housewares. Proceeds benefit the YWCA Oklahoma City's programs for women and children in central Oklahoma.
Suited for Success
Referral required from partner agency; women who are referred are given professional attire; must have an interview scheduled to qualify for services.)
(Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Urban League of Greater Oklahoma City
3900 N. Martin Luther King Ave., OKC, OK 73111
Call for hours.
No longer open to the general public--they only work with incarcerated individuals (non-violent felons). Faith-based, provides job training, including assistance in obtaining GED and learning job skills (such as computer skills). Also assists in job search. No charge for services. Must be 18 years or over.
Work Ready Oklahoma
3 East Main St., Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Through a federal grant, they provide free training and education opportunities to selected unemployed and underemployed individuals to help them become better professionally equipped for good jobs.
- Ready to Work Program – offers free education, training and job placement
- Family Expectations Program – a family strengthening program that builds strong communications and interpersonal skills to help participants gain key workplace competences.
- Must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or GED, and some post-secondary education or work experience
For additional assistance, email