CITY RESCUE MISSIONNeed a ride to the City Rescue Mission? Call 877-817-HOPE (4673) Mon – Fri, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. www.cityrescue.org
Must be age 18 or over.
COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY OF OKLAHOMA CITY AND OKLAHOMA/CANADIAN COUNTIES405-232-0199319 S.W. 25th, OKC, OK 73109
Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. www.caaofokc.org
- Assistance with bus passes. Call with zip code for district office locations and details
- Oklahoma Rx Discount card
- For homeless only
- Assistance with eye exams, eyeglasses, and dentures
- Priority given to persons diligently seeking employment
- Head Start - Full and part-time day care and preschool services with emphasis on the areas of child development, health/safety, nutrition, mental health, disabilities, family partnerships, parent involvement and literacy. These programs advocate for a community that shares responsibility for the healthy development of children and families. Children 3 to 5 years of age are eligible for enrollment if their families meet the income guidelines. Special classes, (GED): Classes in general education are available free of charge at two district centers. You must be receiving DHS benefits to qualify
EMBARK (formerly Metro Transit)
405-235-RIDE (7433)www.embarkok.com Buses Run: M-F 5:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Sat, 6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Night: 7 p.m. - 12 a.m. 300 S.W. 7th, OKC, OK 73109 Monthly pass $50 (Reduced fare: $25 - ages 60+, qualifying disability, Medicare cardholders, kids ages 7-17) Local Bus/Single Trip Cash Fares: $1.75 Adult (18 & over), $0.75 for reduced fare . Express Bus/Single Trip Cash Fares: $3.00 Adult (18 & over), $1.50 for reduced fares. Children 6 under are free.
For services nights and weekends when regular bus service is not running. Call ahead to make reservations.
OCCC Students receive a discount on a 30-day pass ($45.00), available at the OCCC Bookstore. (A student or employee ID card must be shown to purchase a pass.)
Embark PLUS (Accessibility)
All EMBARK buses and ferry's meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, offering wheelchair lifts and other features to accommodate riders with disabilities. Senior adults and people with disabilities readily uses EMBARK to get around. Travel training is available, and we offer special services for those who can't use regular bus service.
- For services nights and weekends when regular bus service is not running
- Call ahead to make reservations
MEDRIDE ASSISTED TRANSPORTATION405-685-8267
4225 S.W. 44th, OKC, OK 73109
Available 24-hours, 7 days a week
Office open 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. https://www.medride.com/
Non-emergency transfer for wheelchairs and stretcher patients to doctors appointments. Please call 24 hours in advance for transport. Private pay.
SOONER RIDE1-877-404-4500 TDD: 1-800-722-0353
Mon - Sat, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Call 3 business days before you need a ride. Not for emergency care.
- Provides mileage reimbursement and other help with transportation for Medicaid recipients
- Provides transportation to and from medical appointments for children with special transportation needs when the parent is not properly equipped to transport
- Provides travel expense reimbursement for parents for trips taken transporting children to and from medical appointments. Rate of reimbursement is 23 cents per mile and is subject to change
- Provides travel to and from medical appointments for children when parents do not have a means of transportation.
1134 W. Main, OKC, OK 73106
Call for hours. www.upwardtransitions.org
Upward Transitions provides assistance to families and individuals who face threats to financial stability or who are homeless or on the verge of becoming homeless. They provide case management and stabilizing resources to meet basic social needs.
- Legal document retrieval assistance for clients who are homeless (birth certificates, marriage licenses, etc.)
- State ID purchase assistance for clients who are homeless
- Utility and public housing rent deposits
- Linkage to other services
- EMBARK bus Routes 9 & 12 pass by Upward Transitions
- Provide travelers aid at Will Rogers Airport with trained volunteers that provide information on airport services and the Oklahoma City metro area, assist stranded travelers and military personnel, and provide referral resources to individuals (including international students) with social service needs