Student Accommodation Grievance Procedure
Oklahoma City Community College's Office of Student Accessibility and Support has the responsibility of determining the need for accommodation and arranging for accommodation for students with disabilities. If a student believes the accommodation is not appropriate, reasonable, or effective, the following procedure should be followed.
(If at any time during the grievance process, the student requires an accommodation to participate in the grievance procedures, the student must communicate that need to the College ADA Coordinator.)
- Meet with the staff member who arranged the original accommodation in the Office of Student Accessibility and Support to review the accommodation. If the accommodation is related to a specific course, the student's professor may be asked to attend the meeting.
- If the student is not satisfied, the student should contact the Director of Student Accessibility and Support to arrange a meeting to discuss the issue. Other College staff may also be asked by the Director to attend the meeting when appropriate.
- If the student is not satisfied with the results of the meeting with the Director of Student Accessibility and Support, the student may request an ADA grievance form from the Office of the ADA Coordinator.
- The ADA grievance form must be completed and returned to the College ADA Coordinator's office within five (5) working days of the date of the meeting with the Director of Student Accessibility and Support.
- After receiving the ADA grievance form, the College ADA Coordinator will conduct a review of the student grievance. The review may involve meeting with the student, a faculty member or other staff member, the Director of Student Accessibility and Supportand/or staff from the Office of Student Accessibility and Support.
- During the review process, if there is agreement between the student and College Staff to retain the original accommodation or change to another accommodation, the College ADA Coordinator will prepare a memorandum of agreement to be signed by the student and appropriate College staff.
- If no agreement is reached during the process, the College ADA Coordinator will make a final decision regarding the grievance within ten (10) working days of receiving the ADA grievance form from the student. The decision will be communicated to the student in writing with a copy provided to the Office of Student Accessibility and Support and other appropriate College staff.