Documentation consists of an evaluation by an appropriate professional that relates the current impact of the condition to the requester.
Documentation should include:
- A diagnostic statement including date of most recent evaluation
- The current impact of (or limitations imposed by) the condition
- Treatments, medications, devices or services currently prescribed or used to minimize the impact of the condition
- The expected duration, stability, or progressing of the condition
The following can be used to guide the professional and student for providing adequate documentation.
- The evaluator must attach copies or summaries of the specific tests, measures or clerical data used to establish each criteria, and include his/her signature.
Attention Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD) Documentation Guidelines
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Documentation Guidelines
Head Injury/Traumatic Brain Injury Documentation Guidelines
Learning Disability Documentation Guidelines
Physical, Medical and Mobility Impairment Documentation Guidelines
Psychiatric Disabilities Documentation Guidelines
Vision Documentation Guidelines