Rights and Responsibilities
Rights and Responsibilities of Students with Disabilities:
- Student must self-identify themselves in a timely manner to the office of Student Accessibility and Support.
- Provide documentation prior to any provision of services. Accommodations cannot be retroactive and begin only after appropriate documentation has been provided and determined if an accommodation is required.
- Obtain assessments, test results, and additional information, if needed.
- Meet all college qualifications including the essential technical, academic, and instructional standards.
- Contact SSS each semester preferably prior to the beginning of the semester or within 2 weeks.
- Contact instructors
- Appeal of any decision regarding reasonable accommodations
- Arrange for and obtain personal attendants, personal devices, personal tutors and equipment.
- Follow grievance procedure 5075 to appeal
Rights and Responsibilities of Oklahoma City Community College:
- Evaluate individuals not based on their disabilities, rather on their abilities
- Provide reasonable accommodations upon request in a timely manner once appropriate documentation of disability has been received
- Keep all records and communication confidential except where permitted or required by law.
- Provide accessible information
- Provide information for grievance procedures
Rights and Responsibilities of Student Accessibility and Support:
- Evaluate documentation
- Determine accommodations based on the documentation and communication with student
- Request additional or more current assessments, if needed.
- Coordinate delivery of auxiliary aids
- Provide training for assistive technology
- Provide counseling to students
- Liaison with faculty
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of records