ALAMEDA BAPTIST CHURCH405-329-5157
1503 E. Alameda St., Norman, OK
Mon, Tue, Thurs, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m http://www.alamedacofc.org
Food pantry available for residents of Norman and Noble only. Call for appointment.
ALAMEDA CHURCH OF CHRIST405-321-0788
801 E. Alameda St., Norman, OK Call for hours.
- No appointment necessary
- Bring photo ID
- Provides formula, food, diapers
- Clothing can be picked up every month
- Food can be picked up every other month
- Serves McClain and Cleveland Counties
- Back to school program for school supplies available August 5, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
BAPTIST MISSION CENTER405-235-6162
2125 Exchange Ave., OKC, OK 73108
Call for hours.
Christian Family Health Care Center; OKC metro residents only - no restriction, totally free. Bring proof of residence; ID required. Appointment only (there is a waiting list). Services available to the uninsured only.
- Prescription eyeglasses (payment required), free eye appointments in Newcastle (Wednesdays only), call for more information
- Free dental care/extractions; call for dental dates (mobile van every 3 months)
- Food pantry serves 25 families, weekly intake, can only receive every other month, valid ID and utility bill required (to verify address), ask for additional list of food pantries
- Medical clinic - OKC residents only - General medical exam for minor illnesses (no labs), new patient intake 1st Tuesday every month at 5 p.m., appointment only (no walk-ins)
- Prescriptions free, filled if available (need to be a patient)
BRITVIL FOOD PANTRY405-842-1275
8717 N. Western, OKC, OK 73114
Serves zip codes: 73114, 73120, 73131, 73105
Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Food pantry provided. Must bring photo ID on every visit and provide address verification/utility bill and social security card for every member of the household to initial visit, as well as annually.
CAREFOROKC - a ministry of First Baptist Church of Oklahoma City405-232-4255 1201 N. Robinson, OKC, OK 73103
- Food pantry and clothing room
- Mondays Only 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. (No appointment necessary)
- Must have ID or proof of residency
- Available for zip codes: 73103, 73104, 73015, 73106, 73107, 73108 and 73118
CATHOLIC CHARITIES ARCHDIOCESE OF OKLAHOMA CITY405-523-3000
1232 N. Classen Blvd., OKC, OK 73106
Call for hours.
Supports central and western Oklahoma. Serves all regardless of race, religion, ability to pay, or national origin.
- Adoption and pregnancy services - Provides support and counseling for birth parents and adoptive parents
- Offers counseling, support and education program that provides professional outpatient counseling services for families, children and individuals needing short-term professional help
- Disaster services – immediately following a disaster, may provide emergency assistance funds for food, shelter, clothing and other basic necessities
- Emergency rent and utility assistance - developed to be a stopgap for clients that have found themselves in a crisis and need assistance with housing or utility deposits, or with a housing or a utility payment (gas, water, or electric). Assistance can only be provided once a year
- HOPE – a family support service with a long-term case management program
- Homeless services:
- Sanctuary Women’s Development Center provides a safe, secure, empowering environment for at-risk women and their children
- Holy Family Home provides supportive transitional housing in a residential setting for homeless women and children
- Housing services:
- Opportunity for affordable housing to low-income families or individuals
- Villa Isenbart is sponsored by Catholic Charities, is an affordable housing development for people who are 62 years and older and who meet specific income requirements as required by HUD
- Trinity Gardens is designed for persons who are 62 years of age and older and of specific incomes
- Immigration legal services
- Refugee services
115 S.W. 24th St., OKC, OK 73109
Call for hours.
CHRISTIAN SERVICE CENTER
- Bring U.S. picture ID - Services are available for anyone with a U.S. ID
- Like a thrift store
- Clothes for anyone
- Household items such as dishes, sheets and blankets
- Furniture waiting list
- Food service (by referral) for seven zip codes: 73139, 73149, 73159, 73169, 73170, & 73179
- Must have referral from DHS, Community Action, or a Church of Christ
- No cost
CITY CARE, INC.405-609-2400 2400 General Pershing Blvd., OKC, OK 73107
Food outreach as well as affordable housing. City Care is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization at work in the Oklahoma City metro area, improving the lives of those in poverty. City Care prepares Oklahoma City's less fortunate for positive change by providing: Food, shelter and sanctuary for the homeless. Supportive housing for low-income families and homeless. One-on-one tutoring and mentoring for inner-city kids through City Care's Whiz Kids Oklahoma and the opportunity to build life skills with City Kids Outdoors at Crystal lake. Altogether, City Care is working to provide an opportunity to transition out of homelessness and achieve long-term success.Whiz Kids Oklahoma Office 923 N. Robinson, Ste. 320, OKC, OK 73102 Phone: (405) 602-2815 OKC Homeless Day Shelter 1729 N.W. 3rd St., OKC, OK 73106 Phone: (405) 415-8500
CITY RESCUE MISSION
800 W. California, OKC, OK 73106
Accessible 24 hours a day
Need a ride to the City Rescue Mission? Call 877-817-HOPE (4673), Mon - Fi, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Emergency shelter to homeless men, women and families. Non-denominational. No fees.
- Clothing: Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., need to check-in to Social Services upon arrival
- Dental clinic - Client must "enroll" to be in program, be screened, interviewed, and take classes to better situation, in order to receive access to free dental treatment
- Meals served daily
- Crisis counseling
- Rehab program
COUNCIL ROAD BAPTIST CHURCH405-789-3175
2900 N. Council Rd., Bethany, OK 73008
Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. www.councilroad.org
- Food pantry provided to individuals living in zip codes 73008, 73099, 73122, 73132, & 73127. ID required and may only come once a month.
CROSS & CROWN MISSION405-232-7696
1008 N. McKinley, OKC, OK www.crossandcrownmission.com
Serves certain zip codes in NE OKC only.
- Recovery program - AA group meets every Monday at noon
- Fresh Market provides fresh fruits, vegetables, and bakery items to 30 families that sign a list at 8 a.m. each Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Food pantry provides a box with pasta, beans, applesauce, canned goods, crackers and other items of food to 50 families each Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday
- Baby Room - provides diapers, formula, clothing, and other necessary items for babies and expecting mothers
- Medical clinic - call to schedule an appointment
- Trinity Legal Clinic provides free legal services at the mission
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF BETHANY405-789-3312
3800 Mueller, Bethany, OK 73008 (west of MacArthur)
Call for hours. http://fbcbethany.com/
- Food Pantry open Monday and Wednesday
- Neighborhood Clothing Room open 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF MOORE (CARE CENTER)405-793-2600
301 N.E. 27th, Moore, OK 73160
Call for hours. www.firstmoore.com
- Must be a resident of Moore
- Provide ID and utility bill
- Food and clothing
FOOD & SHELTER INC.405-360-4954
201 Reed, Norman, OK 73069
Mon- Fri, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m., Sat, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m., Sun, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Food, housing, and emergency services for people in crisis for Cleveland County residents. (They don't always have emergency shelter.)
HIGHLAND BAPTIST CHURCH405-794-5432
2425 S.E. 4th St., Moore, OK
Tues & Thurs, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Food pantry available. Not zip code specific. No ID required
1251 N. Broadway, Edmond, OK 73034 Mon - Thurs, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. www.hopecenterofedmond.com
- Edmond and Arcadia residents, only
- Requires ID and utility bill
- For financial aid, current income required
1335 W. Sheridan, OKC, OK 73106 www.jesushouseokc.org
- Used clothing free of charge; first come, first serve
- Meals provided daily to public - weekdays-3 hot meals (7:30 a.m., 12 p.m. & 4:30 p.m.), weekends-2 hot meals (10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.)
- Food baskets (M-W-F, 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- Furniture and appliance assistance
- Emergency shelter (single men & women age 18 and over)
- Utility assistance when possible
- Travel assistance
LOVE LINK MINISTRIES405-239-6219
1122 Linwood Blvd., OKC, OK 73106 www.lovelink.org
- Food pantry
- Clothing thrift store
- Services Oklahoma, Canadian and Cleveland Counties
MT. CARMEL BAPTIST CHURCH
3721 Staton Dr., OKC, OK 73111
Mon, 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. (Except holidays)
Food pantry provided.
OCCC PANTRY405-682-7860 MB 1N1 occc.edu/hunger/index.html
OKC PUBLIC SCHOOL CHILD NUTRITION SERVICES
Free or reduced price school lunches are available for children who attend Oklahoma City Schools whose families meet income criteria. Similar programs may be available in other school districts. For schools other than those in the Oklahoma City School District, please contact the school or district.
PRESBYTERIAN URBAN MISSIONS405-946-1556 3737 N. Portland Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Food Pantry 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. (provides 2 weeks of food per member of family)
- After school care Monday – Friday
- Tutoring Program for Kaiser Elementary (there is currently a 2-year waiting list)
- Emergency groceries for up to 4 days
- Need a referral from DHS or proof of income, and proof of residency on first visit
- SPARK after-school program
REACHING OUR CITY (ROC)405-440-9994 7710 N.W. 10th, OKC, OK 73127 Mon,Thurs & Fri, 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.; 2nd and 4th Sat, 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. www.reachingourcity.org
Food pantry to people residing in area (12 zip codes in close proximity) and free legal aid counseling (call for appointment) . Childcare center. Also provides clothing and children's medical clinic.
REGENCY PARK BAPTIST CHURCH405-794-3507
2001 N. Janeway, Moore, OK 73160
Wed, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Food and used clothing for residents in the 73160 and 73139 zip code areas. Need ID and Social Security numbers of each member of the household that comes in.
REGIONAL FOOD BANK405-972-1111 3355 S. Purdue Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73137 Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Visit this site to search for local food banks by zip code.
SALVATION ARMY CENTRAL OKLAHOMA
1001 N. Pennsylvania, OKC, OK 73107
- Emergency financial assistance for utilities (depends on availability of funds), Department of Human Services (DHS) - Call individual offices for information on assistance, Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), benefits to help low-income elderly and disabled persons with heating fuel and utility bills (gas and electric only)
- Transitional housing
- Emergency shelter for men
- Emergency family and women's shelter
- Red Shield Diner & Kitchen serves meals free to the community
- Senior program
- Boys and Girls Club program provides children with meals, homework assistance, character-building activities and recreation activities at the center, located at 2808 S.E. 44th and 201 S. Bickford in El Reno, 73036
- Serves Oklahoma, Canadian and Cleveland Counties
SKYLINE URBAN MINISTRIES405-632-2644
500 S.E. 15th St., OKC, OK 73129
- Community Cupboard - provides approximately one week of groceries (up to 12 meals per persons in family) up to 6 times a calendar year
- Well stocked clothing closet, free clothing with referral, special needs appointments available, 405-632-2644, 500 S.E. 15TH, OKC, OK 73129
- Some form of ID (photo ID, Social Security card, Veteran’s card, etc.) needs to be provided for each individual (spouse, child, or other member of household) for whom food is being requested
- Community Charity Eye Clinic – free eye exam, reduced pricing on eye glasses
- Senior Nutrition- Prime Timers Program 405-632-2644, 500 S.E. 15th St., OKC OK 73129, Mon, Wed, & Fri, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m., program provides breakfast and lunch to senior citizens.
THE URBAN MISSION
3737 N. Portland, OKC, OK 73125
Call for hours.
- Serves Oklahoma City Metro area
- Food Resource Center provides fresh produce, frozen meat, canned goods and hygiene products
- SPARK program supports Arts and Reading for children
- Back-to-School program provides low income students with school supplies
- Mission Marketplace thrift store
- Santa Store – Parents can choose gifts for their children
TRINITY BAPTIST CHURCH405-321-2000
801 N. Peters Norman, OK 73064
Wed, 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. www.trinitynorman.org
Food pantry for residents of Norman and Noble. Need ID and proof of address.
TRINITY INTERNATIONAL BAPTIST CHURCH405-528-6327
1329 N.W. 23rd St., OKC, OK 73106 Call for hours.
Food pantry provided within the area code. For additional information, please call.
WILDEWOOD CHRISTIAN CHURCH405-478-0781
6900 N. Kelley Ave., OKC, OK 73111 Food Pantry open Fri, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.