The Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC) provides a full-time Veterans Affairs Office to assist students who are eligible to receive Educational Benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. All degree plans offered by the OCCC have been approved by the ODVA State Approving Agency for payment of federal benefits.
The Veteran Student Services Office is your liaison to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for certification of your veteran and veteran related education benefits. We encourage all students who are eligible for G.I. Bill® benefits to visit our office prior to enrolling so that we may provide important information and assistance in the proper filing of required forms.
The OCCC Veterans Affairs Office will certify enrollment for payment of VA Educational Benefits for all students who meet eligibility criteria as set forth by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The OCCC Veterans Affairs Office maintains a positive working relationship with the Veterans Affairs Regional Office and other educational institution's veterans affairs offices. This enables us to assist our students with VA and educational problems in a more effective manner. We are here to provide assistance in contacting other VA sources and to provide guidance in solving any problems they might encounter at OCCC.
The OCCC Veterans Affairs Office processes enrollment certifications for an estimated 575 to 775 students each semester. Our student population, claiming educational benefits, Chapter 30, 33, veterans on the Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment program, National Guard and Reserve personnel (Chapter 1606), and those who are eligible to receive benefits under the Survivors and Dependents Assistance Program (Chapter 35).
Service to the student is our main objective. It is our goal to assist students in receiving all VA educational money they are entitled to and to receiving it in the most timely manner.
Active Duty Tuition Assistance:
Military students are eligible to apply for tuition assistance. However, each branch of the military processes tuition assistance in a different manner, so please review the procedures and deadlines for filing with your particular service's Educational Service Officer (ESO).
- Access the Air Force portal
- Access the Army portal
- Access the Marine portal
- Access the Navy portal
- Access the Coast Guard portal
TO CLAIM VA EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS:
Once you have your verification:
- You must come to the OCCC VA office each semester that you enroll.
- If you are claiming benefits for the first time you will need to bring to the OCCC VA office a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
- If you are in the National Guard or the Reserves, you will need to bring to the OCCC VA office a copy of your COE. Apply @ va.gov.
- If you are getting benefits through the Veteran Readiness and Employment program, we must have purchase order from your Veteran Readiness and Employment counselor.
- If you are claiming benefits as a dependent, you will need to bring us a COE from the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the eligible veteran's social security number.
- The OCCC VA office keeps the necessary VA forms that will need to be completed in order to activate your Educational Assistance.
- To ensure you receive your money on-time enroll in OCCC classes early and visit the OCCC VA Office.
- Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Services: https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/
- VA Regional Office, Muskogee, Oklahoma: http://www.vba.va.gov/ro/muskogee
- Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs: http://www.odva.state.ok.us/
VA Education Benefit Pay Rate Tables
- Contact your Veteran Readiness and Employment counselor for specific pay information
- All Other Pay Rate Tables
|GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at GI Bill | Veterans Affairs (va.gov).|