Student Success Advisors assist Transfer Students with:
- Individualized academic advising/Developing an academic plan (i.e. courses needed to take in sequence to progress toward graduation)
- Choosing appropriate classes to enroll
- Academic problems/referrals for assistance
- Assisting health majors through the application process
- Preliminary transcript evaluation
- Enrollment approval (if needed)
Scheduling an Appointment:
A transfer student, though they have already attended a college or university, may need to come to campus and meet with a Student Success Advisor in order to be able to register for courses here at OCCC. This is because a Student Success Advisor would need to review your transcript to make sure the necessary perquisite courses were taken at a previous institution.
For general questions or to schedule assistance call 405-682-7849
If you are a transfer student who would like to check on a course equivalency the following links may be able to provide you with assistance:
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education Transfer Equivalency database
- University of Oklahoma Course Equivalency database
- University of Central Oklahoma Course Transfer database
- Oklahoma State University College Credit Transfer Guide
- Oklahoma City University Transfer database
For additional Transfer Equivalency guides visit the Graduation Services Page.
Want to Reverse Transfer?
A reverse transfer involves using credits from a student’s current or previous institution and transferring those back to the community college they previously attended in order to award an Associate’s degree. The student must have taken at least 15 college credits at Oklahoma City Community College to qualify.
For additional information on reverse transfers please visit the Graduation Services Page.