According to FEMA: “Emergency Management protects communities by coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or other man-made disasters.”
OCCC Emergency Management is contained within the OCCC Police Department and primarily focuses on facilitating the 5 major phases of a disaster/emergency: Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery.
OCCC Emergency Manager duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining situational awareness of any potential threat to OCCC, including all weather hazards or human-caused disasters
- Assist Campus Police in providing a safe and secure environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Developing and implementing disaster preparedness programs and campus drills.
- Coordinates emergency operation and response plans in accordance with regulations of state and federal agencies
- Supervise and maintain OCCC Fire Safety Systems (Alarms, Sprinklers and Portable Extinguishers)
OCCC Emergency Management Documents and References:
State and Local Emergency Management:
For more information, please contact:P.T. Solinski Emergency Manager Campus Police Officer Oklahoma City Community College 7777 South May Avenue Oklahoma City, OK 73159 (405) 682-1611, ext. 7253 firstname.lastname@example.org