Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders or Speech-Language Pathology? Are you looking to fulfill the clinical experience requirements for OBESPA licensure for an SLPA?
The OCCC SLPA Certificate will provide you with the assistant-level knowledge, skills and clinical experience needed to meet OBESPA SLPA licensure AND ASHA Assistant Exam requirements.
- 15 total credit hours required
- Summer Semester
- SLPA 1073 School Issues for the Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (8 weeks)
- SLPA 1083 Instructional Procedures in Communication Disorder (8 weeks)
- Fall Semester
- SLPA 1033 Professional Issues for Speech-Language Pathology Assistants (Early 8 weeks)
- SLPA 2033 Clinical Experience I (Early 8 weeks, 50 hours of direct clinical clock hours)
- SLPA 2063 Clinical Experience II (Late 8 weeks, 50 hours of direct clinical clock hours)
- Summer Semester
- Obtain the necessary clinical experience hours by the end of fall semester to begin your career as an SLPA by spring.
- Courses are online and can be completed from your current place of residence
- Clinical experiences are located as close to your place of residence as possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Sciences Disorders or Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited institution within the last 5 years
- Minimum graduation GPA of 2.5 with no less than a C in SLP major courses
- Recommendation from program or clinical director at your degree conferring university
- 25 guided observation hours are highly recommended prior to starting. Applications without the 25 guided observation hours will be considered but admissions preference will be given to those with the completed observation hours requirement needed prior to clinical placements.
The next SLPA Certificate Program begins in Summer 2024. Please revisit the website in the future for application deadlines.
Download the University Program Director Recommendation Letter
This must be submitted to the program/clinical director from your degree-conferring university and emailed directly from the program/clinical directory to email@example.com
For more information contact:
OCCC Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Program
405-682-1611 ext. 7395