Early Start Program
The Early Start Program is a pilot program for a select group of participating schools (see below).
- Moore Public Schools- Moore, Southmoore, Westmoore
- OKCPS- Classen SAS, NW Classen, Capitol Hill, Douglass, US Grant, Southeast
- Western Heights High School
- Crooked Oak High School
- Santa Fe South Schools-Pathways Middle College
- Attend one of the participating schools.
- Have a 19 ACT Composite or 3.0 High School GPA (for incoming freshmen, you will have a high school GPA if you took Algebra in middle school)
- Attend a REQUIRED student/parent orientation prior to classes beginning. (Early Start Applications will be completed during your set orientation time at your school. Discuss with your High School Counselor when your specific participating school will be holding an Early Start Orientation)
Tuition/Fee waiver eligibility:
- Must qualify for free/reduced lunches or Oklahoma’s Promise
If you are eligible for the program but are not eligible for the tuition/fee waiver, you can still take courses with OCCC but will be responsible for all tuition and fees.
Early Start Documents
- Once the packet is complete, please submit to email@example.com
- All pages of the packet must be completed and scanned. Before submitting your forms, ensure that the following areas are completed: name, current high school, semester, freshman or Sophomore status, number of classes taken at the high school, counselor signature, and student and parent initials/signatures.
- If your counselor is unable to sign the form, they can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. They must be sure to include the following information: your name, your DOB, the semester in which you are planning to enroll, i.e., and how many classes you are taking at the high school.
- The Early Start Approval form is required every semester while you are taking early start courses. Even though classes are taught in 8-week terms, the forms are still submitted once for each semester: Summer, Fall, and Spring.
Early Start Student Resources
Early starts students will be assigned to an Early Start Success Coach. The early start success coach will be their go-to person for campus and anything related to the early start program:
- Early Start Success Coach will work with HS Administration and Counselors to guide students through the correct course sequence
- Early Start Success Coach will administer grade checks throughout the semester to help ensure student success in all courses
- The Early Start Success Coach will assist students each semester with a course planning
- Each school district will work closely with OCCC Early Start staff to verify the course sequencing will work for both high school and OCCC requirements
- Each high school will offer the courses in the decided sequence on the high school campus for freshman and sophomore students
Students are responsible for the textbooks of all courses in which they enroll at OCCC. To view or search for course material, you can go to our bookstore.
Terms to know:
- Open Source- All coursework is available for free via your classroom professor or within Moodle (the online learning environment).
- OCCC Day One Access- This is a service provided for students that makes your course materials available to you digitally, within your class on Moodle, on the first day of class. There is a charge for the eTextbooks and/or Courseware. This price is extremely competitive and even cheaper than purchasing directly from the publisher. The charge varies slightly from book to book and is automatically added to your OCCC student account.