The Computer Science department at OCCC is dedicated to excellence in teaching and service. It strives for excellence in teaching by offering curriculum that is current and responsive to industry needs. Our CS faculty are highly qualified and accomplished in their respective IT fields in academia, industry and government (local, state & federal). The department seeks to use experiential education with project based labs and/or software development together with theoretical concepts to enhance education. The department takes pride to being a leader in building a strong workforce for the IT industry.
OCCC’s Cyber/Information Security Program was among the 1st of 6 two-year institutions to be designated as a Center of Academic Excellence for its Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CD Associates). Through the Center for Cyber Defense Education, the department provides an avenue for OCCC to raise awareness, advocate for and support the development of cybersecurity knowledge in OCCC students, faculty, staff and the community.
Our various certifications of mastery and two-year degree programs offer students the real world training and qualifications they need to be successful in today’s ever changing world of information technology careers. Some of the courses even include preparation for industry certifications offered by CompTIA and Cisco. Our degree options include Cybersecurity, Computer Systems Support, MIS, Programming, and Web Design and Development.
Student success is a high priority in the Computer Science department as well as the Business and Information Technology (BIT) Division. The Division seeks to find ways to provide resources to support, supplement and enhance the education that courses provide. The department regularly conducts activities for technical and professional development of students, and campus community. We have a diverse and extremely qualified Advisory Board who is very invested in our students. Tutoring is available in the Student Computer Center either virtually or in-person in the lab located on the 3rd floor of the Library. OCCC also provides many resources for students to succeed and lives to be enriched.
Whether a student wishes to enter the workforce upon graduation or transfer to a four-year institution, we have a degree option that is right for you.
- Computer Science – Computer Networking Support (Certificate) (Certificate of Mastery)
- Computer Science – Computer Programming (AAS) (Associate in Applied Science)
- Computer Science – Computer Science Option Transferring to UCO and colleges with Similar Patterns (AS) (Associate in Science)
- Computer Science – Computer Systems Support (AAS) (Associate in Applied Science)
- Computer Science – Computer Systems Support (Certificate) (Certificate of Mastery)
- Computer Science – Cyber/Information Security (AAS) (Associate in Applied Science)
- Computer Science – Cyber/Information Security (Certificate) (Certificate of Mastery)
- Computer Science – Management Information Systems (AS) (Associate in Science)
- Computer Science – Software Development Transferring to OU (AS) (Associate in Science)
- Computer Science – Web Design (Certificate) (Certificate of Mastery)
- Computer Science – Web Design and Development (AAS) (Associate in Applied Science)
- Computer Science – Web Development (Certificate) (Certificate of Mastery)