Current Student Information
Student Success Advisors assist Current Students with:
- Individualized academic advising/Developing an academic plan (i.e. courses needed to take in sequence to progress toward graduation)
- Choosing appropriate classes to enroll
- Changing a major
- Evaluation of degree program
- Career Assessment and Planning
- Academic problems/referrals for assistance
- Assisting health majors through the application process
- Enrollment approval (if needed)
Registering for Classes:
Current student are not required to meet with a Student Success Advisor. Current students can register for classes by completing any of the following methods:
- Register in person at OCCC:
- Meet with a Student Success Advisor if there are any registration issues.
- The benefits to scheduling an appointment are that you do not need to wait in line to see an student success advisor. You can check in to advising knowing that your Student Success Advisor already knows that you are coming and will be able to meet with you as soon as they are able to.
- Call 405-682-7849 to schedule an appointment
- Go directly to Registration Tunnel if you already know which classes you need to register for.
- Register from home:
- Using the student planning software located in the student's OCCC Portal (located under the Self-Service for students tab).
- Your OCCC Portal username is: firstname.middleinitial.lastname
- Password is the last six digits of your social security number
- If you need assistance with learning to navigate your Student Planning Account please try viewing the following video tutorial or reading this Student Planning Registration PDF.
- Planning is crucial to your success
- Registration begins approximately the 8th week of the semester Fall (October) for spring classes and in Spring (March) for summer/fall courses.
- Register early to get the courses you need (all courses are not offered every semester)
- Don’t settle for courses that are not convenient for your schedule
- Use Student Planning and Registration to review your degree progress and enroll (if eligible)
- Get help early when your are having academic and/or personal issues
- Don’t be afraid to ask your professor for help
- Make an appointment with your Student Success Advisor to go over resources that are available on campus or check out our Student Resource page.
- Check out the VLC for information on effective study habits, time management etc.
- If you are having personal issues, OCCC has two Licensed Counselors available to meet with students. To schedule an appointment with a Licensed Counselor in Student Support Services at 405-682-7520