HOUSING EMERGENCY/SHELTERS/TRANSITIONAL LIVING
PO BOX 2095, OKC, OK 73101
A transitional living facility for women and children only.
CITY CARE - PERSHING CENTER405-609-2400
2400 General Pershing Blvd., OKC, OK 73107 Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
City Care is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization at work in the Oklahoma City metro area, improving the lives of those in poverty. City Care prepares Oklahoma City’s less fortunate for positive change by providing:
- Food, shelter and sanctuary for the homeless
- Supportive housing for low-income families and homeless
- One-on-one tutoring and mentoring for inner-city kids through City Care’s Whiz Kids Oklahoma
- The opportunity to build life skills with City Kids Outdoors at Crystal Lake
City Care is working to provide an opportunity to transition out of homelessness and achieve long-term success.
CITY RESCUE MISSION405-232-2709 800 W. California, OKC, OK 73106 Clothing: Mon - Fri 9am - 4pm
Emergency shelter to homeless men, women and families. Non-denominational. Crisis counseling, clothing, rehab program, meals served daily, dental care (restrictions). No fees. Dental Care: must be enrolled, screened, interviewed, and take classes, in order to receive free dental treatment.
FOOD & SHELTER, INC.405-360-4954 104 W. Comanche St. Norman, OK 73069 Mon- Fri 9am- 5pm
Food, Housing, and Emergency Services for people in crisis.
GRACE RESCUE MISSION405-232-5756
2205 Exchange Ave. OKC, OK 73108 24 hrs/7 days a week
- S.A.F.E. Program (Setting Addicts Free Eternally), a residential alcohol treatment program, includes Bible Study, Tool Time training program.
- Shelter Housing for men only - minimum age 19, current photo ID,
- no registered sex offenders.
- Fees: none.
HOLY FAMILY HOME CATHOLIC CHARITIES405-741-7419 6821 Eddie Dr., Midwest City, OK
Provide limited housing for women over 18 yrs old and their children.
HOPE COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC.405-634-4400 6100 S. Walker. OKC, OK Mon - Thur 8am – 7pm, Fri 8am – 5pm Walk In Intake Hrs 8am – 11:30 (will accept after 11:30)
Community Living Programs are designed to assist homeless, mentally ill adults in acquiring descent, affordable housing.
- Rental assistance for a limited period of time
1335 W. Sheridan Ave., OKC, OK
- Housing for men and women only (accepts single women)
- Appliance, furniture, and clothing assistance
- Food baskets
- Utility assistance when possible
- Travel assistance
- Hot meals
MID-DEL YOUTH SHELTER (FOR AGES 0 - 17)
(Serves the state of Oklahoma)
2600 N. Air Depot, Midwest City, OK 73141
24 hours, 7 days a week
Provides emergency youth shelter, counseling, mental health services. Mid-Del Youth and Family Center's Emergency Shelter is a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year facility. The shelter is a home away from home for children and adolescents who are victims of abuse and neglect or are experiencing significant family stress requiring a short respite period. The Mid-Del Youth and Family Center Emergency Shelter also works in conjunction with the Midwest City and Del City Police department as an emergency placement for runaway children or adolescents.
NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICES ORGANIZATION405-236-0452 8101 S. Walker, Ste C, OKC, OK 73109 Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5pm
- Palo Duro: permanent housing for single adults who have a mental illness.
- Carolyn Williams Center: transitional living program for single males between 18-22 years.
- Martha’s House: transitional living program for families with two or more children.
- Gatewood: Homeless and at-risk families, single mothers, three or more children, persons with a diagnosed mental illness.
OKLAHOMA CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY405-239-7551
1700 N.E. 4th, OKC, OK 73117
Mon - Fri, 8 am - 5 pm
- Job development
- Resume writing
- Parenting skills
- Homeownership counseling
- Child Care providers
- Escrow or savings account
Must be on Section 8 Program of the Oklahoma City Housing Authority to obtain these services.
Admin Ofc. - 311 SW 5th St OKC, OK 73109
Mon - Fri, 8:15 am - 4:30 pm
- Emergency financial assistance (food, utilities, etc.)
- Transitional housing
- Emergency shelter for men, women, and women and children together
- Hot meals
- Senior programs
- Boys and girls club program
- Disaster programs
SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER405-236-3677 2041 N.W. 7th Street, OKC, OK 73106 7:30 am - 5 pm, 7 days a week
Rehabilitation work therapy program for adult male substance abusers 21 years of age or older. Completion of the program is 90 days; however, 6 months to one year is suggested. Residents may stay as long as they wish, provided they abide by regulations of the Center.
- Family Self Sufficiency Program