HOUSING EMERGENCY/SHELTERS/TRANSITIONAL LIVING
PO BOX 2095, OKC, OK 73101
A transitional living facility for women and children only.
CITY CARE - PERSHING CENTER405-609-2400
2400 General Pershing Blvd., OKC, OK 73107 Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
City Care is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization at work in the Oklahoma City metro area, improving the lives of those in poverty. City Care prepares Oklahoma City’s less fortunate for positive change by providing:
- Food, shelter and sanctuary for the homeless
- Supportive housing for low-income families and homeless
- One-on-one tutoring and mentoring for inner-city kids through City Care’s Whiz Kids Oklahoma
- The opportunity to build life skills with City Kids Outdoors at Crystal Lake
City Care is working to provide an opportunity to transition out of homelessness and achieve long-term success.
CITY RESCUE MISSION405-232-2709 800 W. California, OKC, OK 73106 Clothing: Mon - Fri 9am - 4pm
Emergency shelter to homeless men, women and families. Non-denominational. Crisis counseling, clothing, rehab program, meals served daily, dental care (restrictions). No fees. Dental Care: must be enrolled, screened, interviewed, and take classes, in order to receive free dental treatment.
EAST MAIN PLACE405-447-4663
1100 E. Main St., Norman, OK 73071 .
Mon - Fri, 8 am - 5 pm
For Norman, OK residents--Offers transitional housing for up to a year for people who are homeless (on the streets, in a shelter, or couch hopping). Must be willing and able to work a full time job and maintain sober living. (No drug charges in last 3 years, and no violent/sexual offenders.)
Participants learn skills which will assist them in obtaining and maintaining a permanent home once leaving the program. Goal is to educate. (typical 6-12 week waiting list)
FOOD & SHELTER, INC.405-360-4954 104 W. Comanche St. Norman, OK 73069 Mon- Fri 9am- 5pm
Food, Housing, and Emergency Services for people in crisis.
GRACE RESCUE MISSION405-232-5756
2205 Exchange Ave. OKC, OK 73108 24 hrs/7 days a week
- S.A.F.E. Program (Setting Addicts Free Eternally), a residential alcohol treatment program, includes Bible Study, Tool Time training program.
- Shelter Housing for men only - minimum age 19, current photo ID,
- no registered sex offenders.
- Fees: none.
HOLY FAMILY HOME CATHOLIC CHARITIES405-741-7419 6821 Eddie Dr., Midwest City, OK
Provide limited housing for women over 18 yrs old and their children.
HOPE COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC.405-634-4400 105 S.E. 45th St. OKC, OK 73129 Mon - Thur 8am – 7pm, Fri 8am – 5pm Walk In Intake Hrs 8am – 11:30 (will accept after 11:30)
Community Living Programs are designed to assist homeless, mentally ill adults in acquiring descent, affordable housing.
- Rental assistance for a limited period of time
1335 W. Sheridan Ave., OKC, OK
- Housing for men and women only (accepts single women)
- Appliance, furniture, and clothing assistance
- Food baskets
- Utility assistance when possible
- Travel assistance
- Hot meals
NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICES ORGANIZATION405-236-0452 8101 S. Walker, Ste C, OKC, OK 73109 Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5pm
- Palo Duro: permanent housing for single adults who have a mental illness.
- Carolyn Williams Center: transitional living program for single males between 18-22 years.
- Martha’s House: transitional living program for families with two or more children.
- Gatewood: Homeless and at-risk families, single mothers, three or more children, persons with a diagnosed mental illness.
OKLAHOMA CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY405-239-7551
1700 N.E. 4th, OKC, OK 73117
Mon - Fri, 8 am - 5 pm
- Job development
- Resume writing
- Parenting skills
- Homeownership counseling
- Child Care providers
- Escrow or savings account
Must be on Section 8 Program of the Oklahoma City Housing Authority to obtain these services.
Admin Ofc. - 311 SW 5th St OKC, OK 73109
Mon - Fri, 8:15 am - 4:30 pm
- Emergency financial assistance (food, utilities, etc.)
- Transitional housing
- Emergency shelter for men, women, and women and children together
- Hot meals
- Senior programs
- Boys and girls club program
- Disaster programs
SALVATION ARMY ADULT REHABILITATION CENTER405-236-3677 2041 N.W. 7th Street, OKC, OK 73106 7:30 am - 5 pm, 7 days a week
Rehabilitation work therapy program for adult male substance abusers 21 years of age or older. Completion of the program is 90 days; however, 6 months to one year is suggested. Residents may stay as long as they wish, provided they abide by regulations of the Center.
- Family Self Sufficiency Program