BETHEL FOUNDATION405-286-3700 1-866-442-1431 13003 N. Western, OKC, OK 73114 www.bethelfoundationusa.com
For single moms who desire faith based support.
- Obtain temporary housing to create a better home for your children. Complete classes to earn your GED. Prepare paperwork to get you accepted into college or vocational schools. Apply for financial aid, scholarships and grants to pay for your higher education expenses.
- Look for employment and provide career advancement training. Kids Rock Camp - June 21-25 and July 26-30, 9 am - noon.
- Free ABE (Advanced Basic Education) and GED (General Education Degree) are available. Please visit their website at www.okcps.org or call 405-231-2053.
1181 E. Main Norman, OK 73071 www.bethesdaok.org
Group and individual counseling for children and youth 3-18 yrs., who have been sexually abused.
C.A.R.E. FOR CHANGE, INC.405-524-5525
3621 N. Kelley Ave., Ste. 100, OKC, OKC 73111
- Individual, Family, & Group Counseling (including Substance Abuse, Anger/Impulse Management, Parenting, Relapse Prevention),
- Substance Abuse Counseling, Drug and Alcohol Assessment, Case Management, Drug Testing, and 24 Hour Crisis Services,
- Men and fatherhood classes,
- Co-ed anger classes,
- Fees are based on Sliding Scale or Medicaid is accepted.
CENTER FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES405-364-1420
210 S. Cockrell Ave., Norman, OK 73071
Visitation by appointment. Parent assistance, education and support, divorce visitation arbitration, teenage parenting program, neighborhood centers, bringing up baby program, trauma focused services children infant-11 years old and their caregivers, some home based. Primarily Moore/Norman area.
CENTRAL OK COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER405-360-5100
P.O. Box 400, Norman, OK 73070-0400 (mailing)
909 E. Alameda Norman, OK (location)
Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. http://www.odmhsas.org/cocmhc/services/index.htm
Offer mental health and substance abuse services to children, youth, adults, and families. Services include:
- Transitional Services – provides transitional support to young people 16 – 25 who live in Cleveland or McClain Counties and have serious mental health conditions (405-573-3812),
- Child and Family Services – child and family counseling services, parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT), CARE for KIDS Mobile Crisis Program (405-573-6477 - Provide 24hr mental health assessment and stabilization for Cleveland and McClain County children and families who are in acute psychological, emotional or behavioral health crisis),
- Family Frontier System of Care – comprehensive spectrum of mental health and other necessary services which are organized into a coordinated network to meet the multiple and changing needs of children and their families (includes Wraparound Services, Family Night, Parent/Caregiver Involvement, Partners of Hope, Family Leadership Academy, Youth Involvement, The Motivators, and Teens Need to Talk NT2),
- Outpatient mental health.
CHILD GUIDANCE SERVICE405-271-4477
Oklahoma State Dept. of Health
1000 N.E. 10th St., OKC, OK 73117-1299
Child Guidance staff provides services to children and families, including counseling and child screening. They also provide educational services to the general population, services to professionals, and contribute to community development. The Child Guidance Program has three professional components designed to interface to provide a continuum of services to build healthy family relationships and enhance child development. These include Behavioral Health Services, Early Childhood Development and Parent Education Services, and Speech Language and Audiology Services.
CHILDREN FIRST PROGRAM405-271-7611
1000 N.E. 10th St., Rm. 706, OKC, OK 73117
For mothers-to-be expecting their 1st baby, who are less than 28 weeks pregnant and who want to learn all they can about becoming a parent. This voluntary, client-centered program is tailored to meet individual needs. The program provides in-home visits by a nurse. Participants learn about pregnancy, fetal development, what to expect during labor and delivery, breast-feeding or bottle-feeding, how to give baby a bath, and how to begin life as a parent are covered. The nurse will continue to make weekly and bi-weekly visits to weigh and measure the baby, and educate expectant mothers to learn about the baby's growth and development to help them through the challenges that every new parent faces.
CHILDREN'S RECOVERY CENTER405-364-9004
320 12th Ave., Norman, OK 73071 (Available 24-hours, 7 days a week)
- Mental health & substance abuse services for children, young adults, and families throughout Oklahoma,
- Inpatient 13 - 17 yrs. old.
COUNSELING SOLUTIONS AND INTERVENTIONS405-601-6710 1330 N. Classen Blvd., Ste. 214, OKC, OK 73106
Mon - Thurs, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; Fri, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Sat & Sun by appointment
Service include: grief counseling, anger management, group, individual and family counseling, psychosocial rehabilitation, parenting classes, prevention programs, crisis intervention, vocational assessment, career counseling, job development and placement. Fees: sliding scale. Medicaid/SoonerCare or private insurance accepted.
CROSSROADS YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES405-321-0240
1650 W. Tecumseh Rd., Ste. 500, Norman, OK 73069
Mon - Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (After hours by appointment)
- 24-hour crisis intervention,
- Emergency youth shelter - 24-hr children and youth 4 - 18 yrs (will take infants),
- Individual and family counseling for children,
- Provide groups (including 1st offender, directions in divorce, PREP, anger management, as well as educational groups),
- Parenting classes,
- Head Start/Early Head Start.
415 N.W. 5th St., OKC, OK 73102 Call for hours www.familybuildersok.org
- Evening classes available,
- Prevention programs for children and families at high risk for physical abuse,
- Education/support groups,
- Compassion workshop/dealing with emotions-mainly a parenting class,
- Domestic Violence Batterers Intervention Program,
- Community Education Classes for Recognizing and Reporting Neglect,
- 4-Hour Co-Parenting through Divorce Seminar,
- Fee for service depending on program,
- Close at noon on Friday during summer months.
3 E. Main, OKC, OK 73104 Call for hours
Family Expectations is a FREE program for couples in a committed relationship who are over 18 yrs. and are expecting a baby or who just had a baby (child less than 3 months). This program helps couples:
- Build a strong relationship,
- Find ways to work as a team,
- Learn what's best for their baby,
- Prepare for the changes a new baby brings,
- Have fun with other couples.
HOPE COMMUNITY SERVICES405-634-4400
6100 S. Walker Ave., OKC, OK 73139 www.hopecsi.org
Basic services are targeted to persons who have a primary diagnosable mental/emotional disorder. Individuals with co-occurring disorders are welcomed for treatment. Specialized services (i.e. housing) shall serve areas dictated by the funding source. Services are prioritized by the following criteria:
- Persons in crisis,
- Persons being released from state psychiatric inpatient facility or OCCIC,
- Persons at risk for hospitalization,
- Severely mentally ill adults or severely emotionally disturbed children,
- Persons being released from a private psychiatric inpatient facility.
LATINO COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY405-236-0701
420 S.W. 10th St., OKC, OK 73109 http://lcdaok.com/
This program serves first-time mothers past the 28th week of pregnancy, first-time mothers who are not being served by Children First, pregnant women who are expecting their second child, and parents of young children through center-based activities.
- Services are directed primarily toward Hispanic families,
- Program-related child care,
- Parent-child personal safety training sessions,
- Life management skills training sessions for parents,
- Family support events,
- Program-related transportation.
LEND-A-HAND PARENT CHILD CENTER FOR THE PREVENTION OF CHILD ABUSE405-235-9812
614 N.E. 4th St., OKC, OK 73104
- Parent partners program, parenting support groups, parenting skills for first time parents, individual and family counseling, anger management and domestic violence prevention classes, home visitation program for all including new moms,
- Families considered "at risk" of abuse or neglect, with or without children,
- Fees: sliding scale, however, no one is denied for inability to pay. Accepts SoonerCare and Medicaid.
LOGAN COMMUNITY SERVICES405-282-5524
4710 South Division, Guthrie, OK 73044 http://servinglogan.com/
Not-for-profit agency providing an array of services to the Logan County community.
- 24-hour crisis intervention,
- Emergency youth shelter,
- Information and referral,
- Individual, marriage, and family counseling,
- Marriage and relationship seminars, co-parenting after divorce, anger management, domestic violence, DUI school (ADSAC),
- Parenting education,
- Systems of Care,
- Smart Start - child development program for children birth to 3 years,
- Drug-Alcohol recovery and education (counseling, groups, and classes),
- Accepts Medicaid and offers sliding scale fee.
METRO TECHNOLOGY CENTER – PARENTS RESOURCE CENTER405-595-4325
Metro Tech Centers Adult and Continuing Education
1900 Springlake Dr., OKC, OK 73105
Academic skills enhancement, drug and alcohol awareness, financial literacy, understanding credit reports, budgeting, smart money management and more. Housing, food, clothing, medical assistance, child care assistance, IDA savings plan. Anyone can participate.
MOORE YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES405-799-3379
624 N.W. 5th, Moore, OK 73160
Call for hours
- Information & Referral,
- Assessment & Evaluation,
- Crisis Intervention,
- Community Education,
- Youth Advocacy,
- Individual, family, and group counseling,
- Adult drug & alcohol counseling.
NEW DISCOVERIES YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES405-232-1401
628 N.E. 4th St., OKC, OK
Call for hours
Provide outpatient individual and group counseling, parenting classes, anger management classes, substance abuse classes, and outpatient substance abuse program. Accept Medicaid and court order vouchers, as well as sliding scale fees based on classes.
NORTHCARE COMMUNITY COUNSELING (CHILD)405-858-2700
4436 N.W. 50th, OKC, OK 73112
Must go to screening first and then the center will set up an appointment. www.northcare.com
- Individual and family counseling,
- Home based counseling for youth and families,
- Crisis intervention,
- Medication clinic.
OASIS COUNSELING CENTER, INC.405-610-3644
351 N. Air Depot Blvd, Suite M, Midwest City, OK 73110 Call for hours Individual and family counseling, case management, rehab program includes daily living and parenting skills. Outpatient and home based services. Fees: sliding scale. Medicaid/SoonerCare or private insurance accepted.
OKLAHOMA CITY/COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT (MAIN OFFICE CHILD GUIDANCE CLINICS)405-425-4412
921 N.E. 23rd St., OKC, OK 73105
Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Promotes optimal development, healthy behavior and effective interaction for families and children. Includes speech-language, hearing, developmental and behavioral health services targeting the children and families of Oklahoma county. Services are provided by a staff of professional child development specialists, speech-language pathologists, behavioral and health specialists. Serves any person. All appointments and enrollments in workshops/groups are scheduled through the Main Child Guidance Clinic.
PARENT MANAGEMENT TRAINING405-858-2700
North Care Center
4436 N.W. 50th, OKC, OK 73112
Contact North Care for schedule www.northcare.com
Parent training based on latest research by Allen Kazdin. Very effective in lowering parental stress. Includes behavior modification, how to communicate, science of behavior, handouts, Power Points, group participation, explore why kids misbehave and how to handle the situations. Parents with children 2 and up, better from 5 and up. Highly psycho-educational - not suitable for those with high levels of anger and stress. Fees: sliding scale, Medicaid/SoonerCare or private insurance accepted.
915 N. Robinson Ave., OKC, OK 73102 www.parentpromise.org
At Parent Promise, we offer a variety of programs to help parents provide a loving, healthy home for their children, and to help everyone provide a safe, nurturing community for children to grow. All of our programs are positive, voluntary and family-focused. We know the challenges and joys of being a parent. We know each person has a role to play in supporting children.
Home Visitation Programs to strengthen Families using Protective Factors:
- nurturing and attachment,
- knowledge of parenting and child development,
- parental resilience,
- social connections,
- support for parents,
- Community and parenting education classes,
- Proven effective educational classes to prevent child abuse,
- Community awareness and outreach.
SUNBEAM FAMILY SERVICES405-528-7721
1100 N.W. 14th, OKC, OK 73106
Mon - Wed, 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. , Thurs - Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Emergency and contract foster care for abused/neglected children,
- Individual, marital, and family counseling for all ages based on sliding scale for those without insurance (insurance also accepted),
- Senior Services (including senior companion program, caregivers program for seniors, and adult shelter for those 55+),
- Early Head Start.
TEEN PARENTING PROGRAM CATHOLIC CHARITIES405-523-3012
1501 N. Classen Blvd., OKC, OK 73106 www.catholiccharitiesok.org
Supports the Western part of the State of Oklahoma (Tulsa location supports the Eastern part of Oklahoma.)
- Provide residential services for homeless women over 18 with children,
- Pre- and post- adoption services; pregnancy counseling; marriage, family and individual counseling; immigration legal services; refugee resettlement; emergency rent and utility assistance; disaster relief; homeless services; faith community nursing; and parish outreach. 24 hours, 7 days a week.
TEXT4BABYText “baby” to 511411
Weekly text messages, timed to due date or baby’s birth date, vetted by government and nonprofit health experts, deal with nutrition, immunization and birth defect prevention, among other topics. Sent through baby’s first birthday. Pregnant or have a child up to 1 year old.
6051 N. Brookline, Ste. 112, OKC, OK 73112
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Sexual education group therapy, sexual abuse non-offender’s group, family development parent aid program. Individual therapy will be offered to clients to assist in understanding difficult subjects. Sexual Abuse Services contract for DHS. Fees: sliding scale. Medicaid/SoonerCare, private pay or private insurance accepted.
TRI-CITY YOUTH AND FAMILY CENTER405-390-8131
14625 N.E. 23rd, Choctaw, OK 73020
Mon ,Tues, & Thurs, 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., Wed, 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., & Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. (closed 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. for lunch)
- Individual, family, youth, and group counseling,
- Out-patient counseling for children, adolescents, and families,
- Crisis intervention,
- Equine Services Program,
- Substance abuse classes for adults and children.
YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES OF EL RENO405-262-6555
7565 East Highway 66, El Reno, OK 73036
Mon - Thurs, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., & Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Outpatient counseling for youth and families,
- Homeless prevention program,
- Emergency youth shelter,
- Drug and alcohol class and counseling for youth,
- Accept Medicaid and offer sliding scale fee,
- Housing placement.
YOUTH SERVICES OKLAHOMA COUNTY405-235-7537 203 N.E. 50th St., OKC, OK 24-hours a day www.ysoc.org
- Emergency shelter,
- Homeless youth under 18 may stay 1 night without parent's permission,
- Crisis intervention,
- Youth 12-17 only,
- Outpatient counseling services,
- Teen Parenting, Anger Management, & 1st Offender Groups.