Get the Most From Your Test Center Visit
Before arriving at the Test Center
- Our brains work better when they are properly nourished. Be sure to eat before a taking a test. The benefits of having eating before a test are energy and help with focus. Try something light, as heavy foods have tendency to make one groggy.
- Try to avoid “all-nighters.” Eight hours of good sleep is recommended; however, if studying late, get at least three hours of sleep before taking the test, this will help with focus.
- Studies have shown that it takes about five minutes to engage in study. This applies to testing too. Showing- up a little early to the Test Center allows time to put items in lockers and do a five minute “quick review” to put the mind in a testing mode.
- Go to the bathroom before walking into the exam room. Students are not allowed to leave the Test Center to use the restroom once they have been given the test.
- Arrive with a positive attitude and keep one throughout testing. Attitude is important to the success of a test by relieving anxiety and assisting with memory recall.