The Civic Honors Program at OCCC recognizes students who demonstrate an outstanding commitment to both civic involvement and personal life skill development.
- Meet with Student Life staff for an initial interview and Civic Honors introduction.
- Complete and document at least fifty hours of service at an approved agency.
- Write a five page reflection paper reviewing the service experience.
- Submit a final portfolio containing the following items:
- Current Resume
- Personal Vision Statement
- Personal and Professional Goals
- Academic Transcript
- Reflection Paper
- Signed time sheets and official Student Activities and Recognition Transcript verifying the completion of the required number of service hours.
- Signed attendance sheets for the required mentor sessions.
If you are interested in enrolling in Civic honors, contact the Office of Student Life at (405) 682-7523.