- Technical assistance and support from scholar coordinators
- College credit for coursework
- Academic and student support services
- Networking with other child care professionals
- Outstanding faculty committed to student success
- Enhance likelihood that facilities will increase star rating
- Educational stipends
- Increase quality child care
- Scholarships for coursework at two-year colleges and career technology centers
What is the scholarship program?
The program awards scholarships to eligible child care professionals to complete coursework in the area of child development or early childhood education. The scholarship is a partnership among the teacher/family child care provider, child care center, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS). The scholarship enables child care teachers/providers to improve their skills through education, receive an educational stipend and continue the availability of quality child care in local communities. Scholarships are available for: 1) coursework taken at two-year colleges or technology centers leading toward a CDA Credential, Certificate of Mastery, Director?s Certificate of Mastery or an Associate of Arts or Science degree in child development or early childhood education; and 2) CDA/CCP Credential Assessment.
The educational stipend is available upon completion of coursework and fulfillment of the scholarship agreement and/or when the CDA/CCP Credential is received.