Scholars for Excellence in Child Care
Providing Educational Opportunities for Child Care Professionals
The Scholars for Excellence in Child Care Program provides:
- Support services
- Financial aid
- Encourages child care providers to pursue a formal education in child development
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- Certificate of Mastery in Child Development (CoM)
- Director’s Certificate of Completion (DCoC)
- Associate degree in Child Development
Child Care Provider Scholarship:
This scholarship is renewable and pays for 90% of tuition and fees and 100% of required textbooks.
- child care provider works at least 30 hours a week in child care (exception; 20 hours for SACoC),
- has worked at least three months in child care in a DHS 1+ star or above child care facility or family child care home.
Scholar Coordinator: Carina Amrine (405) 682-7832 (work)