Oklahoma State and Local Planning & Response Activities
Oklahoma received $1,352,695 in phase one funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to use for pandemic planning activities. Oklahoma will also receive additional funds of $2,820,254 from the revised phase two of Health and Human Services local and state allocations. This amount is based on a formula adjusted for population.
The state of Oklahoma, HHS, and other federal agencies held a pandemic planning summit on May 18, 2006, with public health and emergency management and response leaders within the state.
- State and Federal Leaders Convene Pandemic Influenza Summit, Meeting draws more than 400 Leaders to Oklahoma City
- Bird Flu Movie Prompts State Health and Agriculture Concerns - Oklahoma State Departments of Health and of Agriculture
- Oklahoma Pandemic Influenza Management Plan (DRAFT) (PDF) (1.57MB)
- Public Health Fact Sheet: Oklahoma Pandemic Influenza Management (PDF) (38KB) - Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Influenza Facts, Updates and Resources (see lower left side for pandemic and avian flu resources) - Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Avian Influenza (PDF) (52KB) - Oklahoma State Department of Health
- The Great Pandemic of 1918: Oklahoma
Find information on how to contact these departments in Oklahoma, by mail and by phone. When available, fax numbers and Web addresses are also provided