Parent and Family Resources
Thank you for visiting this section of our website and encouraging your student to become a college graduate.
Tips for Parents/Family Members
- Remind your students to make copies of all important paperwork and to make sure to write down the name, department, date and comments of the person they are speaking to when they contact different offices on campus with questions.
- Remember that pursuing higher education does not mean that students will lose the values they were raised with.
- If they are living at home, they may not have the same amount of time to devote to family responsibilities as they did before.
- Learn about the college process and what to expect – by learning about campus resources you will be able to become more familiar with what your student is experiencing. Please visit the Orientation Resources page for more information about campus resources.
- Be patient with yourselves and one another, especially since this is a learning experience for everyone (both you and your student) – you will all be learning about this transition process together.