It’s in the Syllabus!
The syllabus is an important document that can help you:
Find specific information
- Professor's name, office hours and location, phone number, and email address
- Your professor's preferred way for you to communicate with him/her
- Course objectives (These are really important)
- List of reading material and assignments
- Grading policies, such as class participation points, extra credit, penalties for late work, or missing class, etc.
- Important dates for assignments, readings, quizzes, tests, projects, etc.
- OCCC policies
- Your professor's expectations regarding class behavior and cell phone use
Find course assignments
- Check it at the beginning of each week for due dates
- Refer to it for required readings and other assignments
- Plan your semester by putting due dates in a planner or calendar