New Student Information
New Students to OCCC are required to meet with a Student Success Advisor to register for their first semester at OCCC.
Student Success Advisors can assist New Students with:
- Career Assessment and Major Exploration
- Individualized academic advising/Developing an academic plan (i.e. courses needed to take in sequence to progress toward graduation)
- Academic problems/referrals for assistance
Scheduling an Appointment
The benefits to scheduling an appointment are that you do not need to wait in line to see an Student Success Advisor. You can check in to advising and know that you would been seen when you are scheduled to be.
For general questions or to schedule an appointment: Email us
Scheduling assistance call 405-682-7849
Please allow up to 2 business day to process your request
Student Success Appointment
New Students are encouraged to plan ahead before meeting with an Student Success Advisor. You can browse our programs prior to meeting with an Student Success Advisor to help you decide on an area of interest to major in. Don't know what to major in? Visit our Career/Major Exploration page for some assessments that may help you.
Please bring the following items to your meeting with an Student Success Advisor:
- A photo ID (Driver's License, Passport, School ID, etc.)
- Transcripts from other colleges that you have attended (unofficial documents are acceptable for your initial meeting)
- Any questions that you may have for the Student Success Advisor
- It is also helpful to have an idea of what days and times would be ideal for you to take class
- Placement test scores if applicable
Once you have completed your advising session you can sign up for New Student Orientation .