Advancing the Success of Students at Oklahoma City Community College
The Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs has announced an internal grant opportunity for FY 2007 to support the advancement of student success at Oklahoma City Community College.
Funding for all projects is $30,000. Project proposals will be accepted from individual full-time faculty members, professional staff members, departments, programs, or divisions.
Project proposals are due on or before November 1, 2006 with funding any time after December 1, 2006. Pending availability of funds, a second round may be offered in Spring 2007.
Project proposals should follow the form on the following page. Completed projects should be submitted to Sandy Box, Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Interested faculty and staff are encouraged to discuss the project with their respective supervisor and/or dean.
- Proposals should follow the attached form and have the written support of the respective dean.
- A review committee comprised of full-time faculty will review the proposals and make funding recommendations to the Acting Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Project Objectives and Guidelines:
- Project proposals should provide documentation that the project goals align with the FY 2007 Institutional Plan and/or be directly linked to department, program, or division objectives.
- Funds will not be used to provide food or drink.
- Preference will be given to projects that strive to increase student success--projects that have as a goal, for example, to strengthen advisement, more effectively prepare students for success in college, improve retention, enhance successful transfer, or enhance preparation for employment.