The Honors Program at Oklahoma City Community College challenges and invites full-time and part-time students to develop a deeper understanding of academic material through individually designed Honors Contracts. Honors Contracts present students and instructors with a unique opportunity to create academically insightful projects or processes in potentially any class.
To be eligible for the Honors Program, entering freshmen and students with fewer than 12 college credit hours must have the following: a composite ACT score of at least 22 or a high school grade point average of at least 3.5.
Continuing Oklahoma City Community College students, including transfer students, must have the following: 12 or more completed credit hours and a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.5.
To Graduate With Honors, Students Must:
- Complete a minimum of 15 credit hours earned in honors courses at Oklahoma City Community College earning an A or B in each course.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Complete at least 75 percent of all attempted class enrollments at Oklahoma City Community College.
Program Benefits for Students:
- One-on-one academic interaction with instructors.
- Recognized academic distinction.
- Enhanced scholarship opportunities.
- Honors stoles awarded to be worn at Commencement.
- Earned "H's" are placed on student's transcript.
- The "With Honors" is printed on student's transcript and diploma.
- Tuition Waiver opportunities for qualified applicants.
The application process includes an Application Form, an essay, and a personal interview with the Coordinator of the Honors Program. Ideally, students should apply to the Honors Program before completing 30 credit hours.