The WLCC will strive to accomplish the following:
- Increase the knowledge of languages and cultures among our students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Promote the understanding of and sensitivity to other cultures.
- Promote and facilitate the study of languages and cultures.
- Provide a place where students can practice language skills.
- Provide cultural information and business-related protocol to community members.
- Provide language resources to prepare people to travel abroad.
- Assist international populations in learning the basics of the English language and in gaining knowledge of American culture.
- Provide state-of-the-art technology for the study of languages and cultures.
- Connect people locally and internationally.
- Support faculty who are using global awareness components in classes.
- Support students who are taking courses that focus on world cultures.
- Provide information about travel-enhanced courses and study-abroad experiences to students, faculty, staff, and community members.