Financing your Education
The major types of financial aid from Federal and State sources are :
1. Grants – “Free Money” Grants do not have to be repaid.
2. Federal Work-Study Program – provides financial aid as wages which do not have to be repaid, from working part-time on campus, tutoring, or community service positions.
3. Student Loans – Federal Direct Stafford loans are low-interest educational loans available to college students who are enrolled at least half time (6 credit hours required for your OCCC degree), are pursuing a degree, are making Satisfactory Academic Progress, and meet other basic eligibility requirements.
Applying for Financial Aid
Get FAFSA Help
To apply for financial aid- complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://www.fafsa.gov
- A new FAFSA opens every year on December 1st, and you must complete one each year to be considered for financial aid.
- Submit your FAFSA by May 31st for the fall semester and by October 30th for the spring semester to ensure that your file is complete before classes begin. We process FAFSAs throughout the year.
- Submitting the 2022-2023 FAFSA application includes Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters.
- The OCCC Financial Aid office has a priority deadline to have all documents completed and submitted by July 1st to ensure a student’s file is reviewed before the fall semester.
Check your OCCC email regularly for important notifications!
Login to MyOCCC Portal Link under Student Self-Service you can review your financial aid. Submit all required documents listed to complete your file.December