The Oklahoma City Community College Board of Regents today approved the “OCCC Community Search Committee,” or the OCCCCSC. That’s a lot of Cs.
“This has been one of the broadest committees I have ever seen,” said OCCC Regent Jalal Farzaneh, a member of the committee. “It brings everybody from every walk of life. It’s amazing. Very transparent.”
The “OCCC Community Search Committee” members are:
- Christie Burgin | OCCC Regent
- Jalal Farzaneh | OCCC Regent
- Sarah Baker | OCCC Speech-Language Pathology Program Director
- George Risinger | OCCC Biological Sciences Department Chair
- Cody Garrison | OCCC Director of Student Life
- Ann Raia | OCCC Director of Library Services
- Sergio Martinez | OCCC Student Government Association President
- Randy Thurman | OCCC Foundation Donor and Community Leader
- Jon Echols | Oklahoma State Representative
- Natalie Shirley | National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum President & CEO
- Alice Strong Simmons | Former College President and Education Leader
Committee Liaison: Regina Switzer | OCCC VP of People & Culture
“I am really excited about this committee,” said OCCC Regent Christie Burgin, who has spearheaded much of the process so far. “We are going to have a wide variety of input, and I’m very impressed with the choices made.”
The Board also approved a Presidential Search Document, a marketing and recruitment piece requested by Gold Hill Associates, the group facilitating the nationwide search on behalf of the College. Designed by the College’s marketing team, the document is available now, here, and will be circulated through Gold Hill Associates over the next few weeks: OCCC-Presidential Search Document-FINAL
“This document showcases the personality and values of OCCC, as well as the job description for President, but it also serves as a compelling recruitment tool for the families of those candidates,” said Erick Worrell (hi), OCCC’s Executive Creative Director. “We want families to want to be here, not just at OCCC but in Oklahoma City, and it’s important these candidates understand what a wonderful community we’ve built together.”
The document specifies the following timeline for next steps:
- For application materials to receive full consideration, candidates should submit all materials by December 10, 2021.
- Finalists will interview with the OCCC Board of Regents January 19-28, 2022.
- The new OCCC President will report to the college no later than July 1, 2022.