Choosing a Major
OCCC offers a wide range of associate degrees and certificates to help prepare you for a career or to transfer to a four-year university. OCCC academic advisors can help you develop your educational plan based on your interests and abilities. They can provide the information you need to make the best decisions, whether you need help:
- Preparing for and taking placement tests
- Knowing how to transfer college credits to or from OCCC
- Choosing the degree, field of study or certificate that best matches your goals
- Planning your class schedule
- Exploring jobs and career options
- Finding the community college resources available to you
The Academic Advising Center offers both on-campus advising and online advising, so you can get the help and support you need without totally rearranging your life … which we understand is already very busy.
Thousands of Ways to be “Right”
We know that each student has their own educational goals. Figuring out what’s right for you is what matters. And, what’s best for you might not top someone else’s list.
Sure, OCCC sets policies and procedures to keep things running smoothly. Our academic advisors can help you stay on track there, but our number one goal for you is that you make progress – no matter how big or small – toward your goals.
Let us help you today.