Oklahoma City Community College has made a significant investment in computer and communications technology to promote and support the exchange of information, both within the College and between the College and the rest of the world. These resources are provided to support the College's mission and institutional goals, and use of these resources shall be consistent with the mission, goals,and this policy. Oklahoma City Community College shall not beheld liable for the actions of users of this network when those actions are inconsistent with this policy. This policy includes the use of College equipment and software to access the Internet.
Every user of the college network, equipment, communications systems,and/or college-owned software (all hereafter referred to as the network) will comply with the following standards:
- The network will not be used to violate any college policies; city, state, or federal laws; or contracts and agreements entered into by the College.
- The user will comply with the Acceptable Use Policy set forth by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education OneNet network.
- It is not acceptable for a user to gain, or attempt to gain, unauthorized access to another user's computer or data.
- The network is not to be used for commercial purposes.
- No solicitations on behalf of groups, organizations, etc. that are not related to the College will be allowed.
- It is not acceptable to use this network to threaten or harass others.
- No sexually explicit messages, images, or cartoons will be allowed.
- The College will not tolerate racial, ethnic, or gender-based slurs.
- It is not acceptable to use this network to disrupt the functions of this network or other networks; it is also not acceptable to use this network to distribute viruses or other programs that would disrupt, damage, or destroy computer software and/or equipment.
- If a user is found to have violated this policy, the College will take action consistent with its policies and procedures including, but not limited to, suspension and/or revocation of access to network services.
Effective Date: July 1, 1996