Scholars for Excellence in Child Care
Providing Educational Opportunities
for Child Care Professionals
- Through an agreement with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services and the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, Oklahoma City Community College has agreed to participate in providing courses for working child care providers.
The Scholars for Excellence in Child Care Program provides:
- support services
- financial aid
- encourages child care providers to pursue a formal education in child development
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- Certificate of Mastery in Child Development (CoM)
- Director's Certificate of Completion (DCoC)
- School-Age Certificate of Completion (SACoC)
- Associate degree in Child Development
Child Care Provider Scholarship:
This scholarship is renewable and pays for 70% of tuition and fees and 100% of required textbooks.
- child care provider works at least 30 hours a week in child care (exception; 20 hours for SACoC),
- earns $15.50 or less per hour, and
- has worked at least six months in child care in a DHS 1+ star child care facility or family child care home.
Scholar Coordinator: Bonita Spinner (405)682-7832 or (405)250-3547