CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF THE ARCHDIOCESE OF OKLAHOMA CITY405-523-3000
1232 N. Classen Blvd., OKC, OK 73106 Call for hours.
Supports central and western Oklahoma. Serves all regardless of race, religion, ability to pay, or national origin.
- Adoption and pregnancy services - Provides support and counseling for birth parents and adoptive parents
- Offers counseling, support and education program that provides professional outpatient counseling services for families, children and individuals needing short-term professional help
- Disaster services – immediately following a disaster, may provide emergency assistance funds for food, shelter, clothing and other basic necessities
- Emergency rent and utility assistance - developed to be a stopgap for clients that have found themselves in a crisis and need assistance with housing or utility deposits, or with a housing or a utility payment (gas, water, or electric). Assistance can only be provided once a year
- HOPE – a family support service with a long-term case management program
- Homeless services:
- Sanctuary Women’s Development Center provides a safe, secure, empowering environment for at-risk women and their children
- Holy Family Home provides supportive transitional housing in a residential setting for homeless women and children
- Housing services:
- Opportunity for affordable housing to low-income families or individuals
- Villa Isenbart is sponsored by Catholic Charities, is an affordable housing development for people who are 62 years and older and who meet specific income requirements as required by HUD
- Trinity Gardens is designed for persons who are 62 years of age and older and of specific incomes
- Immigration legal services
- Refugee services
CONSUMER CREDIT COUNSELING SERVICE OF CENTRAL OKLAHOMA405-789-2227 , 1-800-364-2227
3230 N. Rockwell, Bethany, OK 73008
- Debt counseling
- Bankruptcy services
- Budget counseling
- Housing counseling
GUTHRIE JOB CORPS CENTER405-282-9930 (Center) 3106 W. University, Guthrie, OK 73044 405-879-2044 (Admissions Office) 7845 N. Robinson, Ste. E4, Oklahoma City, OK 73116 Open 24-hours/7 days per week Tour available on Thursdays at 10 a.m.
Stipend/lunch money for students who qualify and enter program.
Offers information and advice on scholarships, student loans, interest rates, and financial planning.
OKLAHOMA CHILD SUPPORT
OKC metro area 405-522-CARE (522-2273)
7201 N.W. 10th St., OKC, OK 73127
P.O. Box 1610, Bethany, OK 73008-1610 314 W. Rogers, El Reno, OK 73036 9901 S.E. 29th St., Midwest City, OK 73130
P.O. Box 50056, Midwest City, OK 73140 2409 N. Kelley Ave., Rm. 103, Oklahoma City, OK 73111
P.O. Box 36429, Oklahoma City, OK 73136-2429 2701 S. Harvey, OKC, OK 73125
P.O. Box 25637, OKC, OK 73125
Oklahoma Child Support Services (OCSS) acts as an economic advocate for the children of Oklahoma, ensuring that parents financially support their children. When a child does not receive financial support from one or both parents, OCSS assists by locating the non-custodial parent addresses and employers, establishing legal paternity, establishing child and medical support orders, enforcing support for married, separated, or divorced parents and modifying support orders.
OKLAHOMA MONEY MATTERS840 Research Parkway, Ste. 450, OKC, OK 73104 1-800-970-6566 (toll-free)
Oklahoma Money Matters is an initiative of the Oklahoma College Assistance Program, an operating division of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Personal finance resources to help Oklahomans make positive financial choices. Provides financial communication outreach.
OKLAHOMA INDIAN LEGAL SERVICES, INC.405-943-6457 4200 Perimeter Center, Ste. 222, OKC, OK 73122 Call for hours. www.oilsonline.org
- Non-profit legal aid office that provides services to low income Native Americans
- Indian child welfare, housing, natural resources, tribal sovereignty issues, individual rights
- Low-income tax clinic with funding from the Internal Revenue Service
SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION1-800-772-1213 TTY: 1-800-325-0778
Shepherd Mall 2615 Villa Prom, OKC, OK 73107
Federally funded financial support system.
TINKER AIRMEN AND FAMILY
6001 Arnold Ave., Tinker AFB, OK 73145 Call for hours.
- Credit management, budgeting, how to buy a car or house, thrift savings plan for federal employees
- Requirement DOD card holder, no fees
- Financial support