Office of Equity and Compliance
Office of Equity & Compliance
The Office of Equity and Compliance (OEC) ensures everyone on our campus feels safe and welcome. The OEC backs up OCCC”s commitment to equity and inclusion by ensuring we comply with all state and federal laws and policies prohibiting discrimination and workplace misconduct. Our unbiased group conducts investigations into allegations and claims, and we provide trainings to students and staff. The Coordinator of Equity and Compliance and Title IX Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the College’s response to discrimination to ensure prompt and equitable resolution of all complaints;
- Overseeing investigations of workplace harassment or discrimination to ensure a fair and impartial process for all community members;
- Providing a central place to report an incident and overseeing the reporting process;
- Providing information about College policies and procedures;
- Providing information about campus and community resources;
- Facilitating academic accommodations to address safety concerns and to support complainants and respondents so that academic and professional pursuits may continue unimpeded;
- Keeping records to ensure that patterns of behavior are identified;
- Coordinating training, education, and prevention programs for the entire College Community.
- Coordinate training of hiring managers and committees to ensure unbiased employment processes.