OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (Oct. 10, 2022) – Oklahoma City Community College will use a $50,000 grant from the Gaylord Foundation to expand performances and art offerings to the community. The funds will support the 2022-2023 Performing Arts Series as well as other 50th anniversary activities at OCCC.
“The Gaylord Foundation has been a loyal supporter of our Performing Arts Series since 2018,” said Dr. Mautra Staley Jones, OCCC President. “This grant allows us to bring world-class performers to our stage and offer our community a unique opportunity to see the magic and beauty of live performances.”
The Gaylord Foundation has given more than $100,000 in the past to support the Performing Arts Series. This year, the 2022-2023 season features eight shows, highlighted by the only Oklahoma performance of Ukraine’s Kyiv City Ballet and acclaimed musician Jose Feliciano.
Upcoming shows in the 2022-2023 Performing Arts Series include:
- A new holiday classic, Million Dollar Quartet Christmas
- Music of the Knights, featuring the epic songbooks of Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, Sir Elton John and Sir Paul McCartney
- Grammy Award-winning and #1 Billboard chart group, Ranky Tanky, featuring the Gullah music of the coastal South Carolina region
- Step Afrika!, which blends the African American stepping tradition with other contemporary dance
- Jazz at Lincoln Center Presents: Songs We Love, combining vocals and an all-star band for classics from the 1920s to 1950s
- Canadian Brass, soon to celebrate its own 50th anniversary, blending outstanding musicianship with humor
Tickets are on sale now at tickets.occc.edu or by calling the Box Office at 405-682-7579.