Helpful tips for a successful benefits enrollment:
1. Review Your Benefits Options
Read the OCCC Benefits Guide and the other benefit materials thoroughly – they describe the College’s benefits program.
2. Consider Your Choices Carefully and Enroll Before the Deadline
- Full-Time Employees: Your benefits begin on your date of hire.
- Annual Open Enrollment: Once you enroll, you cannot change your benefit choices during the year, unless you have a qualifying event.
3. Preparing to Enroll
It will help to have these items handy:
- Social Security Numbers and birth dates for yourself and your eligible family members/dependents.
- Information about other benefit coverage or insurance you or your family members may have.
- Beneficiary designation information, so you can properly identify your beneficiaries for your life insurance coverage and retirement plans.
- Read the materials thoroughly.
- Select your benefit elections.
- Complete online enrollment within 30 days of hire date, or by the annual Open Enrollment deadline.
- Complete an Evidence of Insurability form if you request additional life coverage over the Guaranteed Issue Amount.
Check your first paycheck after your benefits effective date in order to confirm your payroll deductions are correct. Report any payroll discrepancies immediately to the Benefits Department.