HR Newsletter – April 2020
- Skip to Page Content
- Skip to main navigation
- Skip to utility navigation
- Skip to secondary navigation
- Skip to footer
Human Resources >
HR Newsletter - April 2020
Human Resources Team
The Human Resources department is available to assist with any questions that you may have. The following resources are available to employees:
- For matters involving discrimination, harassment, Title IX, or ADA concerns: contact Director of Equity and Compliance, Dr. Cary Pirrong, via email or by phone at 405-682-7850. You may file a complaint via the online complaint form.
- Should you need assistance with an employee grievance or other employee relations matter, contact the Director of Employment and Employee Relations, Dr. Kathleen Smith, via email or by phone at 405-682-7823.
For more information about all HR services and resources, refer to our website.
Thank You for Your Generosity
Our physical campus may be closed, but the hearts of OCCC faculty and staff always remain open. See what your colleagues have been up to:
- OCCC Announces Emergency Children’s Supplies Drive
- OCCC Seeks Donations to Help Students Stay Students
- Oklahoma City Community College donates supplies to local hospital, OHP
A Very Special Thank You to IITS
Hats Off to all of the employees in the IITS department. Because of your tireless dedication, OCCC faculty and staff were up and running in home offices across the city in no time. We are grateful for the support you gave and continue to give us during this difficult time. THANK YOU!
Congratulations to Bonnie Lynn who retired on April 3, 2020. Bonnie started working at OCCC on April 1, 1985. Her career as Library Technical Services Assistant spanned 35 years. Thank you for your commitment, Bonnie. We wish you the very best!
Sexual Assault Awareness Month
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, known as SAAM. SAAM calls attention to the fact that sexual violence is widespread. We at Oklahoma City Community College are clear in our commitment to join with advocates and communities across the country in taking action to prevent sexual violence.
Our community partner, the YWCA of Oklahoma City is considered an essential service by the State and Federal Government. The YWCA Emergency Shelter and Hotlines will stay open 24/7 to serve victims and their children. If you or someone you know needs help, please call the YWCA hotline at 800-522-7233.
Quote of the Month
"The only thing more contagious than a virus is hope"
--Admiral William McRaven
April 27 - May 8
Open Enrollment - Benefits Information is not available at time of publication. Watch your email!
Summer Semester begins
August Intersession begins
The Stay at Home order has prompted a surge in the number of people working from home.
for recent COVID-19 related communications.
The Employee Hotline is available for employees who have questions, concerns, or need services during this time: call 405-686-6276 or email your questions.
Lynn Nunn and Rachel Potter are in the spotlight this month.
We look forward to launching our new Human Capital Management solution this summer.
of the functionality included in UltiPro.