Honors Program Overview
Honors Program Admission Criteria:
Students must meet one of the following requirements:
- 3.5 "unweighted" cumulative high school GPA if students have less than 12 college credit hours ____
- 22 or higher ACT Composite score _______________
- 3.5 cumulative GPA of college coursework if students have 12 or more college credit hours ______
Students must meet this additional requirement.
- At least 30 remaining hours of college work before degree is complete ___________
Applicants will compose a personal statement of 400-500 words explaining their reasons for applying to the Honors Program and what abilities/characteristics they possess which will enable them to succeed in the program. This statement is an integral part of the evaluation for admission to the Honors Program. Therefore, this document is expected to be prepared as if it were a formal writing assignment.
Requirements to Graduate from Oklahoma City Community College with Honors:
- A minimum of 15 credit hours earned "With Honors" at Oklahoma City Community College with grades of A or B.
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Completion of 75% of all Oklahoma City Community College class enrollments.
Recognition of Honors Graduates:
- Students are recognized as Honors Graduates at the Spring Awards Ceremony.
- Wear Honors regalia during graduation ceremony.
- Honors classes are noted on the students' official transcripts.
- "With Honors" is printed on the students' diplomas.
- Honors designation is noted by the students' names in the graduation program.