Keith Leftwich Memorial Library
Located on the first two floors within the clock tower building, the Library is accessible to Oklahoma City Community College students, staff, faculty and members of the community.
The Library provides 80+ computers to those 16 years of age and older. Students, faculty and staff use their OCCC user name and password to log on to the computers. Guests logins are available at the Circulation Desk.
Tens of thousands of online magazine and newspaper full text articles are available through the Library website: www.occc.edu/library. Also available are books, eBooks, DVDs, maps, streaming videos and many more electronic resources. Online instructional tutorials are also available in the help section of the website. Login is required for computer use. Students, faculty and staff
must use their Moodle login. Guests logins are available at the Circulation Desk. To check out materials faculty, staff and students use their OCCC ID cards.
The Library has small-group study rooms for groups of two or more, some reservable online and some first-come, first-served. Four study rooms include Huddle Stations for groups to work on projects utilizing technology with their mobile devices. Printing is available, as well as scanners and copy machines. A collection of most of the required textbooks is also available to students for two-hour, in-library use. Professional librarians are available to instruct students on research skills and information literacy.
- The reserve collection provides access to some textbooks for in-library use.
- Circulation policies are accessible through the “About the Library” link on the library website. The checkout period for books is two weeks with up to two renewals, if the item is not on hold. Renewals may be made by phone or by clicking on “My Account” on the Library Catalog.
- Laptops are available for check out to currently enrolled OCCC students. More information can be found under “About the Library” or by contacting the Circulation Desk.
- Faculty, staff and students may use libraries at other higher education institutions through the OK-Share program. Obtain an OK-Share card at the OCCC Library Circulation Desk With the OK-Share card and your employee ID card you may go to any OK- Share participating library (most higher education institution libraries in the state) to utilize their facilities and borrow materials from their library.
For more information please visit the Circulation Desk or call x7564.
- From the Library’s web page, the OCCC Library Catalog allows you to search for books, E-Books, audio/visual materials and streaming videos owned by OCCC.
- Magazine and newspaper article databases are available under the “Articles” tab. These provide access to thousands of full text articles in journals, magazines and newspapers. Streaming film collections and a copyright free image database and more are available under the “Other Resources” tab.
- Online tutorials, Library Research Help and other help guides are available under Need Help.
- Students and community members at least 16 years of age may use the Library’s 80+ Internet workstations.
- Off-campus access to most online resources is accessible through the Library’s website. Log-in is the OCCC username and password.
- It may be possible to borrow materials from other libraries. Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a system linking libraries across the nation for resource sharing. Stop by or call the Library Assistance Desk (x7251) for additional information.
- Professional librarians are available to instruct students on research skills and information literacy.
Contact a librarian by visiting the Library Assistance Desk, calling (405)682-1611 x7251, or by using the library chat service.