The Honors Program at Oklahoma City Community College invites eligible students to
develop a deeper understanding of academic material through individually designed
Honors Projects. Honors Projects present students and instructors with a unique opportunity
to work collaboratively on a variety of creative and in-depth intellectual endeavors.
- Entering freshmen and students with fewer than 12 college credit hours must have the
following: a composite ACT score of at least 22 or a high school grade point average
of at least 3.25.
- Continuing Oklahoma City Community College students, including transfer students,
must have the following: 12 or more completed college level, credit hours and a cumulative
or retention college GPA of at least 3.25.
The application process includes an application form, personal essay and an interview
with the Honors Program Coordinator. Visit www.occc.edu/honors for a link to the online application.
To Graduate With Honors, Students Must:
- Have a minimum cumulative or retention grade point average of 3.25.
- Complete four honors projects related to courses being taken or were taken within
the last year, earning a B or better in the course in which the honors credit is applied.
Exceptions to one year past may be made by review of the Honors Program Coordinator
and the Registrar.
- One-on-one mentoring interaction with Oklahoma City Community College faculty members.
- Unique academic work that will prepare students for the next levels of academic pursuit.
- Enhanced scholarship opportunities.
- Academic distinction noted on official transcript.
For more information regarding the Oklahoma City Community College Honors Program
or to make an appointment to discuss Honors Program opportunities, please contact
Dr. Liz Largent, Professor of Leadership and Critical Thinking and Honors Program,