Attendance and Responsibility for Learning
All students receive assistance in identifying and achieving goals. The College’s
approach to education emphasizes that students accept responsibility for their learning.
Therefore, students are expected to make maximum use of learning opportunities available
Although student attendance is not the primary requisite for learning, academic success
is closely related to classroom attendance. For this reason, students are encouraged
to attend classes regularly. It is the student’s responsibility to adhere to attendance
requirements stated in the syllabus of each course.
Oklahoma City Community College encourages students to attend class on a regular and
punctual basis. If a student is absent from class, regardless of the cause, it is
the responsibility of the student to communicate with the instructor to discuss work
missed. The instructor will determine whether or not the student will be permitted
to make up work and will decide on the time and nature of the makeup. If a student
does not appear at a pre-arranged time for make-up work, he/she forfeits the right
to make up the work.
Never Attended Policy
- Students who do not attend the course(s) for which they are enrolled will be reported
by the individual faculty member as never attended and be subsequently administratively
withdrawn from the course(s).
- Faculty members will be asked to electronically (Moodle) identify these students who
have never attended their class after the add and drop period for that term.
- Students, regardless of whether or not they have made any payment or been approved
for financial aid, will be administratively withdrawn from their course(s).
- Those approved for financial aid will not be awarded that aid if marked as never attended.
- Never attended in online classes will be defined as having not engaged in course assignments
or discussion and in face- to-face classes as having not had a physical presence in
- Students will have 90 days from the end of the term to appeal for a late administrative
withdraw and/or a reduction/ elimination of charges. The appeal process will be administered
on one form and managed by the Director of the Bursar Office and the Registrar or
- Additionally, if a student does not begin attending any of their courses during the
add/drop period, their pending financial aid disbursements will be cancelled. Funds
disbursed prior to the start of the semester will be returned in full to financial
aid programs and the student is responsible for reimbursing Oklahoma City Community