At Oklahoma City Community College, a normal academic load is 12 to 16 credit hours
for a 16-week instructional session.
Enrolling in 16 credits or more during a 16-week instructional session OR enrolling
in 8 credits or more during an 8-week instructional session translates into approximately
60 hours of time commitment each week. When a student’s academic workload may exceed
a full-time job, it is strongly recommended that a student access the resources available
to support academic success. If a student should have questions or would like to speak
with an Student Success Advisor to discuss their academic workload, please call 682-7535
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to avoid delaying your registration processes using the OCCC Portal, be sure
to complete and confirm drop course transactions prior to adding course transactions.
Enrollment cannot exceed 24 credit hours during a 16-week instructional session or
12 credit hours in an 8-week instructional session.
Following are resources to support your success in any of your OCCC courses.
- Make sure you know the add and drop dates for the term(s) you are registered for courses:
www.occc.edu/registration/add-drop-dates.html and "Calendar Events" on the Main OCCC Website also has important academic dates
- Student Success Advising offers walk-in advising during regular business hours Monday
– Wednesday 8 – 6pm, Thursday 11:30 – 6pm, and Friday 8 – 5pm or call 682-7535 to
request an appointment.
- Access free academic support services for the courses you are enrolled - www.occc.edu/academics/labs-and-centers.html
- For any writing and literacy skills assistance, visit the Writing Center: www.occc.edu/writingcenter/
- Make an appointment with a Licensed Counselor in Student Accessibility and Support
- Access support for Online courses: www.occc.edu/online/
- Don't be afraid to ask your professor for help.