Release of Academic Information

Release of Academic Information

Academic information for each student is on file in the Office of Records. It will be released to third parties only upon the written request of the student or in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Official transcripts may be obtained on request at no charge. Students may also request and receive letters of good standing, verification of enrollment and other academic documentation. For further information, contact the Office of Records.

Change of Name, Address or Telephone Number

Students who wish to change the name, mailing address, or telephone number may do so by notifying the Office of Records. Appropriate documentation will be required for any name change. Address changes may also be made on MineOnline, at It is the student’s responsibility to inform the College of any change of address. Communication from the College that is mailed to the name and address on record is considered to have been properly delivered.

Directory Information

At its discretion, Oklahoma City Community College may provide “directory information” in accordance with the provisions of the Family Education rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). Directory information is defined as that information which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. Designated directory information at Oklahoma City Community College includes the following: student’s name, address, college email address, photograph, major field of study and degree program, dates of attendance (defined as first and last date of term), grade level, enrollment status (full-time or part-time), participation in officially recognized activities or sports, degrees, honors and awards received, and the educational institution most recently attended before admission to OCCC. Students may block the public disclosure of directory information by notifying the Office of Records in writing.

Please consider very carefully the consequences of a decision to withhold directory information. A non-disclosure block will call for Oklahoma City Community College not to release any or all of this “directory information;” thus, any future requests for such information from non-institutional persons or organizations will be refused.

Oklahoma City Community College will honor your request to withhold directory information but cannot assume responsibility to contact you for subsequent permission to release this information. Regardless of the effect upon you, Oklahoma City Community College assumes no liability as a result of honoring your instructions that such information be withheld.

Although the initial request may be filed at any time, requests for non-disclosure will be honored by the College until removed, in writing, by the student.

Notification of Student Rights under FERPA

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. These rights include:

  • The right to inspect and review education records within 45 days of the day the College receives a request for access. Students should submit to the registrar, dean, head of the academic department, or other appropriated official, a written request that identifies the record(s) they wish to inspect. The College official will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the College official to whom the request was submitted, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.
  • The right to request the amendment of education records that the student believes are inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy rights under FERPA. Students may ask the College to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. A student who wishes to ask the College to amend a record should write the College official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record the student wants changed, and specify why it should be changed. If the college decides not to amend the record as requested, the College will notify the student in writing of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.
  • The right to provide written consent before the College discloses personally identifiable information from the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. One exception, which permits disclosure without consent, is the disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is defined as a person employed by the College in an administrative, supervisory, academic, research, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the College has contracted as its agent to provide a service instead of using College employees or officials (such as an attorney, auditor, information technology contractor, consultant, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Regents; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibilities for the College. Upon request, the College may also disclose education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seek or intends to enroll.
  • The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the College to comply with the requirements of FERPA.

The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-5920

Student Consumer Information

Many students seek information about how successful other students have been in the academic program they are entering. Information such as the type of student who typically enrolls at our institution, the number who graduate, and the number who find employment in that field is available through the Office of Institutional Effectiveness online at